Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without a memory function, the powered seat movements are simply too slow to regularly adjust between two drivers. I find myself having to sit half way in the car, with one foot on the pavement, while waiting for the seat to move far enough back. This might not be a problem if the car could identify key fobs like on the EX and adjust on the fly. But I miss the simple ability to quickly slide the seat back on the non-memory Sport. In this case, I see the powered seat as pure marketing hype. Anyone else feel this way?

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
I agree. But I find the adjustments more if any issue than the speed. The seat has limited ability to tilt forward and backward so your stuck with an almost level seat cushion. I actually unbolted the seat and made spacers for the front so the seat bottom would tilt slightly more to the rear :)

·
Cruisin Iowa...
149 Posts
My wife moves mine forward, I just move it back before getting in the car, not difficult...:scratch:

·
Registered
235 Posts
It's not hype at all. It's exactly how power seats worked before memory settings came about.

I rarely let the wife drive my car, problem solved. ;)

·
Four Doors/Two Pedals
2020 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
1,172 Posts
I'd prefer memory settings, because of the guys at the car wash and at the dealer who change the settings, but since no one else drives my car, it's not a big issue.

I found the seats to be a bit of a pain at first, but with a little time, you get the feel of the controls and fine adjustments become easier.

It's a lot like learning to use hydraulics on heavy equipment. You need to develop the touch.

·
Four Doors/Two Pedals
1,172 Posts
Yeah, I just don't see how it is more convenient if it takes longer to adjust forward and back compared to manual controls.
I believe that you get a wider range of adjustments with the power seats, besides lumbar support.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I find the power seats to be a pain in the EX. The memory button (on the door) doesn't work unless you turn on the car which makes it hard for my husband who has to squish in until he gets the car on.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Without a memory function, the powered seat movements are simply too slow to regularly adjust between two drivers. I find myself having to sit half way in the car, with one foot on the pavement, while waiting for the seat to move far enough back. This might not be a problem if the car could identify key fobs like on the EX and adjust on the fly. But I miss the simple ability to quickly slide the seat back on the non-memory Sport. In this case, I see the powered seat as pure marketing hype. Anyone else feel this way?
My vote...no

·
Registered
410 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
This might not be a problem if the car could identify key fobs like on the EX and adjust on the fly.
So that you won't feel too bad about the lack of seat memory, we who paid for it experience it's failure to work half of the time. When it fails, none of the adjustment buttons work until the car is started. Try to start a car with the seat jammed against the steering wheel after the wife drives it.

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
Mine always sets the seat position when I touch the door to open it (Smart Key). I don't let anyone drive the car usually, but it has worked for me every time someone has moved the seat.

Power seats are a huge pain when they're moved a millimeter for me, because 1/10" off and it feels weird and hurts my back. I do prefer power controls to manual, there's so much more range of adjustment. I always seem to be between one of 2 'clicks' with the seat recliner with manual seats!

·
Four Doors/Two Pedals
1,172 Posts
Only with leather seating--EX-L and Touring on Sedans, EX-L V6 on Coupes.
Then the EX does not have memory buttons, which does not surprise me, as I drive an EX.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
The seat adjustments are hot to the battery. If you don't have the memory seat function you can reach down and move the seat from the outside before sitting down. After your wife drives the car just open the door and run the seat back before you get in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Then the EX does not have memory buttons, which does not surprise me, as I drive an EX.
Sorry I have the EX-L V6. But either way the memory thing only works half the time the the previous poster said.

·
2013 Accord Sport
33 Posts
Seat Comfort

I find my '13 Accord leather seats to be less comfortable than the leather in my '09 Accord. The 09 has more padding and wraps you more.. the 13 pitches you forward and has less back support. Does anyone else feel the 13 seats could be more comfortable?

2013 Black Accord Sport CVT Sedan
Katzkin Leather Seats: Black; Heated
Window Tint: 35% sides, 50% rear
LED Kit: Interior and license plate, CREE LED Reverse lights
Rear Window Spoiler: mitwings - available on eBay

·
Registered
125 Posts
Feeling the exact opposite. I love having the ability adjust so many parameters. No one but me drives the car, no memory needed here.:banana:

·
Registered
519 Posts
I find my '13 Accord leather seats to be less comfortable than the leather in my '09 Accord. The 09 has more padding and wraps you more.. the 13 pitches you forward and has less back support. Does anyone else feel the 13 seats could be more comfortable?

2013 Black Accord Sport CVT Sedan
Katzkin Leather Seats: Black; Heated
Window Tint: 35% sides, 50% rear
LED Kit: Interior and license plate, CREE LED Reverse lights
Rear Window Spoiler: mitwings - available on eBay
I don't own either, but I've felt most of the 8th gens (08 - 12) have an awful lot of lumbar curve even without boosting up power lumbar (if it has it).

The 9th gen dr. seat feels pretty ace to me. And leather trim feels more luxurious than cloth to me. Don't like the friction and grabiness of cloth on clothes.

I don't like manually adjustable driver's seats: They never have TILT adjustment, and that can leave one with either too little leg support (flailing legs while driving) or too much pressure on legs and no way to adjust it out.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I had an 08 Accord EX-L and felt the leather seats were very uncomfortable with someone being tall like myself. The Sports seats are definitely better but can get stiff after awhile.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts