Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yup. I have pulled out this seat belt buckle but i cannot open its case as i am not sure what screw driver i need for this. Any tips on that are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Thanks for replying - I did try that they are not covering it saying life time warranty is upto 150K miles and/or 15 years old cars.
From my 2004 Owners Manual - " a seat belt that fails to function properly is covered for the useful life of the vehicle". From the warranty booklet - "Honda will repair or replace, at its option, any Honda seat belt componet that fails to fuction properly during normal use. This includes all parts and labor charges". I know in later yrs. that they changed it to 15 yrs./ 150k. but you having a 2001 your car is still covered under the terms of the older warranty. When I had about 325K my seat belt retractor broke, took it to the dealer & they replaced & put in a new belt for free. Around 400K the mechanism that the buckle snaps into broke, the Honda dealer also replaced for free. Look in your owners book, if you don't have one you can down load one off the net. Maybe try a different Honda dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was able to access and clean the microswitch without removing the seat - just lowered the seat and used a Torx screwdriver to open the slot assembly up. Used a pin to open a tiny gap in the sealing ring on the microswitch. Then sprayed solvent into it.

1. TD2035:
2. Plain solvent: NA1004

Its a Secuity Torx, size 10.

·
They pay me to get high
103 Posts
Seat belts and airbags are covered under Honda’s lifetime warranty. I had the same problem, went to the dealer and they switched it out with a brand new buckle for free.

Reactions: DaErh21

·
Registered
1 Posts
Folks, seatbelts are covered under warranty for the life of the vehicle as long as the title is clear (not a rebuild or branded).
They are 100% covered by Honda(only in the USA)as long as two criteria are met 1) no accidents where the airbags have deployed and 2) clean title then it doesn’t matter whether you’re the first or the 200th owner of that car.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Awesome "One Post Guy" post. Thanks for resurrecting a dead thread. Right @2Accordz?

·
Registered
2005 Accord i4, EX-L, w/o NAV
47 Posts
LOL
I think, it was never really dead. Just hibernating.
Cos this seatbelt buckle issue still occurs till this day.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well, just repaired mine 2 days ago.

I checked the resistance (black to red wires) while unbuckled. It was around 1100 ohms. (not good).
I removed the switch and squirted residualless contact cleaner into it and operated switch several times. Checked resistance again; now 200 ohms. Better, but I wasn't satisfied.
I removed the pink rubber seal completely. Applied more contact cleaner and operated switch several times more. Resistance became 1.2 ohms. Now satisfactory.
I left it alone for 27 hours to be sure it won't deteriorate over time. Resistance remained 1.2 ohms.
Assembled everything back together (except for the rubber seal which was torn to pieces) and reinstalled. Works perfectly now.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Well done. You other option was to take it to a Honda dealer and they'd put in a new switch for free. They have a lifetime warranty. I did this for two 7th Gen Accords.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well done. You other option was to take it to a Honda dealer and they'd put in a new switch for free. They have a lifetime warranty. I did this for two 7th Gen Accords.
Thanks.
Problem is that most of us outside the US and Canada don't get to benefit from such.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Only US, they do not replace it in Canada.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2005 Accord, LX, 2.4L. I have searched for driver-side seat belt buckles on several online sites using my VIN. All of them call out two part numbers at significantly different prices:
Buckle Set, L Front Seat Belt YR239L (Ivory)
04816-SDA-A12ZC
BUCKLE SET, L. FR. SEAT BELT YR239L (IVORY)

MSRP $100.47
$68.12

04816-SDC-A12ZC

MSRP $163.20
$110.65

I can add both to a shipping cart and run the VIN checker and both fit the car. Any idea what the difference is?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a 2005 Accord, LX, 2.4L. I have searched for driver-side seat belt buckles on several online sites using my VIN. All of them call out two part numbers at significantly different prices:
04816-SDA-A12ZC

MSRP $100.47
$68.12

04816-SDA-A12ZC

MSRP $100.47
$68.12

I can add both to a shipping cart and run the VIN checker and both fit the car. Any idea what the difference is?

You may want to edit your post. It seems you posted the same prices and the same links for both...
...Or am I missing something?

101 - 120 of 123 Posts