Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

I forgot to say hello!

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Honda2014 
#1 ·
Nice to meet you all! My name is Harley I'm from Michigan and I'm the proud owner of a used 2012 Accord EX L V6. I am very excited to be apart of the accord family coming from a civic the space and power is very nice. Hope to talk to many of you and have friendly debates :)

#2 · (Edited)
Hello there!

I'm from the great (or not so great) DMV. I also had a 8th gen. V6 several years ago. Great car for sure, but I had a bit of issues with the mpg...

I had a Civic as my last commuter car too. Mine was a bit basic (18 EX) but actually pretty roomy, and it was an awesome gas sipper. I could get 40 mpg+ all day long, everyday on the highway.

Now I'm happy to be driving the 10th Gen. 2.0t. It has even more room, better ride, better almost everything, but of course can't compare to the MPG the 2.0 NA little motor in the Civic was able to get. I knew it beforehand though, so it's all good.

Welcome! :)

#3 ·
Thank you! I wish I could say the same coming from a 20 year old civic has it ups and downs and you nailed it....mpg lol I burned through a quarter tank today oops XD.

I would love to get a newer civic but the last car I had I enjoyed was my Pontiac G6 and I must say the accord makes me feel like I'm going to get a ticket hahaha

#7 ·
Oh yeah. That V6 sure can pick up speed pretty quickly. Definitely want to look out for that if there are cops/cameras around lol. With that said, just be sure to change the timing belt at the right time (every 100k mi) and watch the VCM, as well as the basic stuff like oil changes and fluids, you should be good. Accords are really low maintenance cars if you don’t skip the basic maintenance when they do require them. Good luck!

#4 ·
Welcome! I've owned two Accords, an '07 EX-L I4 with navigation and a 5-speed manual, for 13 years until last fall, and a 2020 Sport 2.0T with a 6-speed manual, which I've owned since October.

#6 ·
Well, officially, hi! My Accord is my first car, but my boyfriend has a Civic, and I'm very glad I chose the Accord. It's much more plush feeling to me, and the Accord has a better suspension IMO. Congrats on the upgrade!

#8 ·
One question I have for you guys is should I be concerned with replacing the cam and crank seals even if they aren't leaking this time? Figure it's worth asking before I just buy the timing belt kit.

Already got the vcmmuzzler2 installed and got new spark plugs ngk and some replacement mudflaps since my passenger one is missing.

Can't wait for the trans fluid to get here to start changing that

#9 ·
Sounds like you’re well on your way with taking care of the VCM and getting the right spark plugs (I think NGK iridium are the ones I’ve heard recommended). The trans fluid, I’d stick with the Honda factory fluid (make sure you get the correct one). Just do the 3x drain and fill and you’ll be good. As far as replacing cam and crank seals. Honestly I didn’t keep mine long enough to notice that issue or know the solution. But I’d ask the experts in 8th gen forum if no one else replies to your specific question here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.