Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
BringTheIntegraBack
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got some pictures!

You can see the HFP wheels, HFP suspension after 1500 miles, V6 rebadge, 2010 tails, mud flaps, and 5% 3M tint on these front and side views:

And you can see the debadged look, no-spacer HFP suspension and wheels, 2010 tails, blacked-out tailpipe faces, blacked-out muffler face, and blacked-out bumper skin below the styling crease in this back view:

The bumper skin black out was an idea that I settled upon when my colour of choice was ASM. Yet, when I ended up with PMM, I stuck with the black-out plan because the body shop would change my tail lights in the process. Plus, it does make the back end look less imposing, I think. Butt-lift, of sorts! (If only a real butt-lift were as easy as painting the butt flat black! Plastic surgeons would go out of business.)

Not visible are the OEM trunk tray, all-season mats, and OEM stainless door sills (not illuminated). Nothing further planned. Maybe tailpipe tip replacement. Hate those tumours at the back of the car. Tried Pilot and TSX tips but everyone at the dealership rejected those looks. :-(

·
Registered
122 Posts
Your links don't seem to work for me :(

·
Puts Ketchup on Steak
632 Posts
Very nice! I really love the V6 rebadge! This might actually be the first car I ever get tinted.

·
7th Gear
3,424 Posts
Glad you found what you are looking for.

Personally, I hate the V6 on the side and also dislike the new grille.

Why didn't you add these pictures to the thread you already started with the same title?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Congrats on finding the car you were looking for. I'm also looking into purchasing HFP wheels and suspension. Now I can see how the stance will look. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
congrats!

any thoughts of spacers? would help make the hfp suspension look like it's sitting lower than it is at the same time of adding a more aggressive stance

keep us posted on what u decide to do w/ the finishers

·
Vtahk didnt kick in
2,786 Posts
congrats!

any thoughts of spacers? would help make the hfp suspension look like it's sitting lower than it is at the same time of adding a more aggressive stance

keep us posted on what u decide to do w/ the finishers
Actually it will make the car look like its sitting higher. Because at the moment you get that shadow affect over the tire which hides the gap somewhat. When you add spacers they are pushed all the way out, not allowing much shadow and you really start to see that its not as low as you thought it was. Iv went through all these scenarios on my previous 08

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice ride overall, but I think the V6 badge on the side makes it look too "Pontiac-ish," but if you like it, that's all that matters. Enjoy the ride bro

·
24th Gear
1,233 Posts
My brother actually thought my car looked lower after I installed my spacers, I think because it brings the tire closer(out) to the fenderwell closing the gap a little, so you lose that depthy look.

Car looks great man! I'm extremely Jelly. ;)

·
Banned
538 Posts
i like the rims and the V6 on the side. that should've been standard on all V6 models.

·
Vtahk didnt kick in
2,786 Posts
My brother actually thought my car looked lower after I installed my spacers, I think because it brings the tire closer(out) to the fenderwell closing the gap a little, so you lose that depthy look.

Car looks great man! I'm extremely Jelly. ;)
It does the complete opposite. Think about it, more depth/shadow on the tire means it looks lower, as you bring it out and there is no depth or shadow then it starts to look much higher than before.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Actually it will make the car look like its sitting higher. Because at the moment you get that shadow affect over the tire which hides the gap somewhat. When you add spacers they are pushed all the way out, not allowing much shadow and you really start to see that its not as low as you thought it was. Iv went through all these scenarios on my previous 08
odd...ive had the exact opposite experience...and I have a plethora of ichiba II and h&r spacers...I was on the hfp suspension... applied spacers with and without the lip kit on.

that shadow you speak of just gives off too much of a sunken look imho and it almost makes the tire not look so apparent at the top of it. I guess it's all about perspective. with the sunken in tires and rims it makes the car look top heavy. like a fully stacked woman TnA wise but with chicken legs on the bottom, holding it all up.

I find that as the tires & rims become more flush with the fender,,, it alleviates that shadow/sunken in look ..making that wheel/fender gap look less because the tire is more visually seen from the side profile directly. Of course to maintain the visual presence of the tire...you can't let the dull out and get dirty...gotta keep them shined up as well as the fender liners clean because they are apparent when on HFP susp.

starbai and jblaust had some great threads from a few years back really illustrating the change before and after spacers being applied...

to each their own...I've always been a fan of your mod's gosha & the look you've gone for...so raised up or not looking to whomever; I think spacers are called for.

OP, Check out TommyPenguin's HFP'd out black coupe and his build thread...great example of HFP rims on a coupe with the HFP suspension , with before and after spacer pics plentiful.

yeah..I heard the comment from multiple people at work, as my car sits by itself and nearly everyone drives by it because I'm in the office so early. I was on stock 18" v6 rims though..but had the HFP kit on and HFP suspension at the time. 'Did you lower your car more? it looks lower in the front.' after 20mm spacers went up front... and 25 in the back

·
7th Gear
3,424 Posts
Now you just need to ditch the v6 on the side and do something with that ugly grille.
Couldn't have said it better my self.

:lmao:

·
24th Gear
1,233 Posts
It does the complete opposite. Think about it, more depth/shadow on the tire means it looks lower, as you bring it out and there is no depth or shadow then it starts to look much higher than before.
Thats just the way other ppl have seen it. I don't care if it looks lower, I'm on a cup kit, not coilovers, so I know my cars not LOW. I just love the agressive look/stance it gives the car. The transformation in the looks is amazing. :)

Couldn't have said it better my self.

:lmao:
Eh, I actually don't hate it. It flows well with the body, not like it was just slapped on. The guy atleast put some thought into it. lol. But I'm not necessarily for or against it.

·
BringTheIntegraBack
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Very nice! I really love the V6 rebadge! This might actually be the first car I ever get tinted.
Personally, I hate the V6 on the side and also dislike the new grille.
i like the rims and the V6 on the side. that should've been standard on all V6 models.
Now you just need to ditch the v6 on the side and do something with that ugly grille.
HA HA! I knew this rebadge thing would both get love and catch flak! Seems like a 50-50 split between love it and hate it right now.

Eh, I actually don't hate it. It flows well with the body, not like it was just slapped on. The guy at least put some thought into it. lol. But I'm not necessarily for or against it.
Yes, this was thought through. The owner of the body shop and I, along with three of his body guys, spent a good 15 minutes together talking about and trying out how and where to place the badges. Eventually we decided to follow the body crease in front of the door.

These guys work on EXPENSIVE cars (there was a F40 in the store with its back end torn apart), and their skills are amazing. Having one of this group decide where to place the badge was good enough for me. I know if I get sick of the look, I can always pull it off. Only 40 bucks for the badges.

·
BringTheIntegraBack
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Now you just need to ... do something with that ugly grille.
Personally, I ... dislike the new grille.
I, too, HATED the new grille when I started to look at the car some months ago. Did my homework about switching it. 2010 bumper skin and grille would both be needed to reverse the look; add the paint job and the project would get expensive, so I decided on just the tail switch initially. Maybe the grille will grow on all of us 2011 owners.

Why didn't you add these pictures to the thread you already started with the same title?
Couldn't figure out how to add pictures to the start of that thread. After much angst, just created a new thread. Apologies if that was poor form!

·
BringTheIntegraBack
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
that shadow you speak of just gives off too much of a sunken look imho and it almost makes the tire not look so apparent at the top of it. I guess it's all about perspective. with the sunken in tires and rims it makes the car look top heavy. like a fully stacked woman TnA wise but with chicken legs on the bottom, holding it all up.
I agree with you that the sunken-in tires look horrible, particularly from behind. For the last couple of years, each time I have been behind a coupe, especially the ones with 225 tires on 17 wheels, the car looks bloated above its wheels. The stacked-TnA-with-chicken-legs analogy is hilarious!

Yet, even though I think about spacers, if not at all four corners, at least the back pair, my tech of twenty years has flatly rejected the idea. I adore the guy; he is the smartest car guy I have met, and if he shakes his head, I don't argue. So no spacers for me.

·
Black on Black on Black
129 Posts
Car looks good Enjoy. Do what you like to your car, remember its your car and nobody else is making the payments but you.

·
7th Gear
3,424 Posts
Car looks good Enjoy. Do what you like to your car, remember its your car and nobody else is making the payments but you.

:yes::thmsup:

What we think should matter!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts