Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had 5 cars thus far in my adult lyph and driven many others, all with bunch of tires. I don't think the MVM4s are that bad, so perhaps I'll get them again. Love the wet performance. HOWEVER . . .
HOW
FREAKING
EVER
DOOD

These look rather good as well. That and this is the new tread pattern lots of manufacturers are doing now, so I might jump to this. Can anyone compare this to the MVM4s? If no one chimes in I will definitely be the first to compare the two for all you future enthusiastic hyundai customers.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
38 Posts
I have the Cross Climate 2s on my 2021 Palisade AWD. Super quiet, stellar wet performance. Great in snow too! Replaced the OEM tires with these at 106 miles on the ODO. Worth every penny, couldn’t be happier!

·
Registered
20 Posts
The only negative if it matters is that the new rubber compound increases rolling resistance and gas mileage will suffer a bit. Not important to some but important to others. I'm debating these versus the Pirelli Cinturato All Season Plus 2 and the Bridgestone Turanza Quiet Track. Leaning more towards the Pirelli's.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The only negative if it matters is that the new rubber compound increases rolling resistance and gas mileage will suffer a bit. Not important to some but important to others. I'm debating these versus the Pirelli Cinturato All Season Plus 2 and the Bridgestone Turanza Quiet Track. Leaning more towards the Pirelli's.
Very true! I feel like my Palisade suffers a little bit from them. Usually see 22mpg per tank but that’s not bad for a 3 row, AWD suv… in my opinion. I’ve thought about them for my Accord Hybrid Touring, but decided against them for the exact reason, don’t want to risk a hit at the pump.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I’ve seen lots of good reviews about them. I’ve been driving on the Nokian WR-series since 2013, which are in the same class as the CrossClimate2. I’m a fan of Nokian, but for the first time since 2013, I’ll be pricing out a set of the WR G4s and a set of the CC2s and mounting whichever one is a better deal (which is my way of saying I’m impressed by the Michelins).

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very true! I feel like my Palisade suffers a little bit from them. Usually see 22mpg per tank but that’s not bad for a 3 row, AWD suv… in my opinion. I’ve thought about them for my Accord Hybrid Touring, but decided against them for the exact reason, don’t want to risk a hit at the pump.
So do you know how much MPG you lose? I get 40 in my accord now highway cruising. However if they increase perfromance, but give me a little less mpg, that's fine. I'm ok with 35mpg. I mean did you get better MPG with something else?
Also would wonder if you can give some numbers to this.
I’ve seen lots of good reviews about them. I’ve been driving on the Nokian WR-series since 2013, which are in the same class as the CrossClimate2. I’m a fan of Nokian, but for the first time since 2013, I’ll be pricing out a set of the WR G4s and a set of the CC2s and mounting whichever one is a better deal (which is my way of saying I’m impressed by the Michelins).
I have switched to MXM4s way way waaaay back in the day and was always impressed. MXM4s is better that MVM4s in some regards but I am always impressed by Michelin's higher end stuffs. I have tried Goodyear, Pirelli, and Bridgestone higher end stuff on previous cars but always went back to MXM4s. They're a pretty good company, but who knows if they're like everyone else and they just float on brand credibility anymore. . .

·
Registered
38 Posts
So do you know how much MPG you lose? I get 40 in my accord now highway cruising. However if they increase perfromance, but give me a little less mpg, that's fine. I'm ok with 35mpg. I mean did you get better MPG with something else?
Since I only had 106 miles on the 2021 Palisade before I switched to the cross climate 2s, I can’t say for sure. Maybe 2 mpg less than the OEM Bridgestones. But it’s for sure worth it. Highly, highly recommend!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since I only had 106 miles on the 2021 Palisade before I switched to the cross climate 2s, I can’t say for sure. Maybe 2 mpg less than the OEM Bridgestones. But it’s for sure worth it. Highly, highly recommend!
THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH
I will get them uh, I have no idea, soon. Got to ask the slave driver if I can get a grand to unload on them. I am in need of new tires though 2.5/18th the tread.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE
I ended up getting the Pilot Sport instead of the Cross Climate 2, sadly. I'll make a new thread about it when I get them in. Ionno, after I saw that you could get the Pilot S for the car I started thinking. Ya, Cross Climate 2 does have great specs, but honestly as it only snows and slushes 2 months here and I can drive on snow pretty well I rather take advantage of the Pilots because it's dry or MONSOONING mostly.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Turning confidence is way up over the MXM4. However the downside is no more rain demon antics like the MXM4s, the road noise is the same as the MXM4s after like 30k miles, the bite is so fierce it feels like it's about to come out from under you, and I got the stupid TPMS light because the sidewalls change height SO FAST when cooled down by rain (and I guess slush).

I took a turn mad fast and I rolled around it like a marble, accelerated so fast I was slamming up gears noticeably quicker (less wheel spin too), and stopped faster in the dry, all these things were not as good as the MXM4s were in the wet. Gas mileage was nearly identical as the MXM4s, but rolling resistance is slightly higher as I went in neutral to roll down a hill it wasn't as rollercoasterie (I don't do this normally but figure I would for a test). I recommend them if you don't mind the noise and know what you're doing in varied situations when you push it.

I guess I have to up the pressure to 35 or something because of the sidewall contraction in rapid temp changes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts