Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been nothing but good to my car and all it does is gives me troubles. Yesterday night it rained and this morning I found some water leakage in my trunk. Not a whole lot, but it made some of the trunk carpeting wet and the spare tire wheel has a little bit of moisture too. Last time I already had a problem with a leaking AC and that was fixed $700 later. I recently replaced all my motor mounts and that finally fixed my vibration problem. I still have to replace the driveshafts because the sounds are getting worse.

As soon as I have some extra money I'm going to buy another car. I'm tired of this car.

Thx for listening to my rant.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
damn.. did you get it used? i havent had any problems with mine yet.. other than the occasional rattle inside..

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
I have to say it though; you got the car for mega cheap because it was previously wrecked; so even with the money you've put in since you got it, you're still money ahead. Motor mounts were probably damaged from that accident too... Probably other issues you have you can trace to that.

While the trunk probably has little to nothing to do with the wreck damage, you might just have to take a page out of the 'buy a wrecked and rebuilt car, live and learn' book.

You simply have to expect that buying a car that had that much damage is going to require a lot of TLC to get it back to 100%.

Fixing the trunk leak is probably just a matter of replacing the trunk seal, which shouldn't be too much $.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Salvage vehicle then you cannot complain. I have 185K on mine so if Honda was a POS then I would be the one bitchin.

I have not heard issues much similar to yours. You take the gamble with salvage. That is why most insurance companies are quick to junk a car. They dont want the headach.

The trunk problem is your seal. I had the same thing on my civic (after being repaired from a rear end accident). The body shop tried everything including resealing the rear window. Ended up I had to find it.

Try to pull up on the seal along the seam and see if it pulls up. If it does there is probably your problem cause it tends to wick up inside when driving. If not then check for visible damage. New seal is not that much and I think can be bought aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I'm not 100% sure about this but I thought some 7th gens were plagued with the trunk leaking problem. I notice some leakage in my trunk after heavy rains too, but it's not too much and is pretty much negligible since I have a trunk tray.

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
My trunk has never leaked and the car is an '03. Paperboy bought an Accord with a salvage title (rebuilt wreck). Some are repaired properly, some are not, all depends on how extensive the damage is. Since he replaced the motor mounts, which were obviously damaged in the front-end collision, that vehicle never should have been rebuilt by a shop in the first place. Without seeing the vehicle damage photos when it was totaled, hard to say if the trunk leak is related. Maybe there was some rear body damage that was repaired, or maybe the deck lid is not properly aligned.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its weird because i have gone through many rainstorms and never leaked. dunno why it started now.

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
Which end of the car was wrecked or was it a theft recovery?

The rear window seals sometimes break on 6th gen, 7th gen and Acura CLs.
The urethane bonding cracks and lets water run into the trunk along the body seam at the tray area at the front of the trunk.

Also check your tail light gaskets, if they dry out badly, they will leak water into the trunk.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,914 Posts
It's unfortunate that you bought this particular car..............lesson learned. Make sure the next one is not in the same shape.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the car was in a front end accident because i noticed all the front panels are aftermarket. the rear seems to be good however because I see VIN stickers on the trunk and rear bumper. car is a clean title however.

I just found condensation INSIDE the car today, would this be related to my trunk leak?

·
Shift_ STILL Not A Honda
318 Posts
06 accord here. 55K miles. Living in FL where it rains just about every afternoon, usually. Never had my trunk leak.

As far as your particular car goes. You can't hold it against Honda, the accord, or 7th gens in general. If your vehicle was in an accident, then you should have known you were headed for problems. Regardless of how minor the accident, once a car has been involved in one, it's never the same. Sorry for your misfortune...but that's not your cars fault..

·
1,771 Posts
The 2006 year is great, 90k now and never had one issue. Thanks Honda you have been good to me. Thats not to say I dont get the itch for a new ride once a while, after all cars are part DD and part toy to many member here.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Check the window seals since there's condensation there.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I don't want to be condescending but you sound like my mother. It sounds like you expect it to be perfect and never give you a problem. IMO your problems aren't terrible, and the ones that could be considered bad are probably attributable to the front end accident it was in.

Simply put, shit breaks. No matter how much you clean or condition your leather, it's going to wear. No matter how easy you are on your brakes, the pads'll wear out and your rotors will warp. If you replace these parts with aftermarket or second-line, your problems will get worse. This is from unfortunate experience.

It sounds like you're going through the same thing. Your car was in an accident and it wasn't repaired properly. Right now, you're fixing that as their symptoms come up. That's why your axles are giving you problems, that's why your motor mounts went. I don't know the severity of the accident, but it may even have something to do with your A/C leaking. Probably not though. But then again, you live in California, and I know you've got a nice chunk of miles for an 06. It was only a matter of time before your A/C started acting up.

If all you had to do was fix the A/C and what sounds like your rear window seal, would you be ready to chuck the car so quickly?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Are the axles OEM?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea it should be. how can i tell for sure?

oem or not, they are making more and more noises. when i brake hard i hear a clunking sound and when i turn my wheel i get a groaning sound

·
4,574 Posts
the car was in a front end accident because i noticed all the front panels are aftermarket. the rear seems to be good however because I see VIN stickers on the trunk and rear bumper. car is a clean title however.
If it has a clean title, then it was wrecked and did not go through an insurance company for a claim. If the front end is made up of aftermarket parts, and you replaced the motor mounts to solve a vibration problem, and you also had airbag problems, then the person that wrecked it did a sh*tty job repairing it, and only did enough of a repair to make it look good cosmetically to sell it. The price you paid sure did reflect a salvage title reduction. The prior accident wasn't a secret when you bought it, so you took the risk and thought the car was a good deal.

It is unfortunate you are having so many problems with this car. When my rear window leaked on my coupe, I had water stains in the upper interior corners of the rear window. It did not leak in the trunk. Honda resealed my rear window and replaced my headliner and C-pillars under warranty.

You might want to pull the rear bumper cover and pull the tail lights to check the rubber seal. If those seals are damaged or dry out, water will leak directly into the trunk. Not sure what to think about that rear window condensation.

·
4,574 Posts
Regardless of how minor the accident, once a car has been involved in one, it's never the same.
That isn't true. If a vehicle is repaired by a good shop, and done correctly, it will be the same as the pre-accident condition. Most people look for cheap repairs and cheap shops and get exactly what they pay for. The prior owner did a lousy job fixing the car, only to sell it off cheap. It obviously did not go through an insurance claim because it would have been totaled, based on the OPs description of parts replaced and problems he has experienced.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts