Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to find a 3.5L v6 engine with no luck. I discovered the 3.5L is transmisssion specific. I have the 6spd MT. I've beeen told the 2009 and up engines will not fit in the 2008. Is that true!? 8th gen is 2008-2012, right?

·
2011 LX-S Coupe Automatic
159 Posts
What does the Honda factory, OEM, parts wear house say about this. The Honda parts should be able to tell you what year works best for you. They are God. I would not trust information you get on a forum. Talk to Honda about this...
Good luck.
Dimitri

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What does the Honda factory, OEM, parts wear house say about this. The Honda parts should be able to tell you what year works best for you. They are God. I would not trust information you get on a forum. Talk to Honda about this...
Good luck.
Dimitri
The factory dealership Honda won't be clear on what parts are interchangable by year model. Their standard answer is 2008 parts for 2008 cars. which isn't all true. As for researching, it's a mixed bag. It's a split. Had a Japanese importer say the automatic is interchangeable with the manual, but the compression ratio is different for both engines. The coupe is 10:0:1. The rest of the specs are the same. But, i was also told by a mechanic, the transmission bolt patterns are different fot the auto and manual. Now, my dilemma is #1 finding a manual engine. #2 being an 8th gen Accord from 2008- 2012/14, will i be ok getting a 2009 engine( having the same chassis) Some info says(via Ebay+others) a 2009 engine does not fit a 2008, while others say in the description, 2008-2012 IS a fit! Tryong my best not to blow two grand+ on the wrong engine. They're really hard to find.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts