Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so basically what im trying to do is i have a honda accord lx (or soon getting it)
so i saw the difference between the 2008 accord lx (what i have)
and a 2008 accord ex and the interior on the dash center console unit theres two versions theres one with the lame black and white tiny screen then i saw one that has the gps so my version the ac controls has the 2 wheels and other massive buttons and the other has the controls on the sides and has a tiny screen for the ac view so anyways the main question

can i switch my center dash to look like the ex model do i need to modify ill send you links

the old one

switch to

let me know thanks

·
Registered
353 Posts
Even though it is possibly done, you are gonna spend too much dollar for it to be worth it I mean you might get away with the navi and radio if you just change the harness for the radio. However the climate control is another issue and ur car do not have the harness neither the equipment to use the automatic climate control. You are better looking for an ex-l with navi. I have an ex and mine didnt come with it. You need an ex-l up and that have navi to get thst look. Hope I help you

·
PIMP MY RIDE PLZ
192 Posts
Just go with a more basic model and install the features aftermarket, like GPS and Bluetooth. See which options will save you more money!

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
Even though it is possibly done, you are gonna spend too much dollar for it to be worth it I mean you might get away with the navi and radio if you just change the harness for the radio. However the climate control is another issue and ur car do not have the harness neither the equipment to use the automatic climate control. You are better looking for an ex-l with navi. I have an ex and mine didnt come with it. You need an ex-l up and that have navi to get thst look. Hope I help you
+1
You'll end up spending more money than you should trying to put stuff together! You CAN but it isn't worth the cost IMO. So like @jeskmo said, you're way better off looking for an EX-L with navi. Read on...

Just go with a more basic model and install the features aftermarket, like GPS and Bluetooth. See which options will save you more money!
This. Should you ultimately get an LX, there are plenty of aftermarket setups you can get. And by plenty I mean like... a few... lol. There's the -81ACRD units, and................. well...... that's kinda it, if you want the "OEM" sort of look. There are kits that will allow you to fit a small GPS unit in the top where the regular screen is too!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh okay im just wondering because i like the climate control settings but what i was going to do is get an aftermarket stereo ( like pioneer appradio4 ) and the top i can set it up as another screen so it would look nice 2 screens yanno i was just wondering cause if it will require modification on the climate control for the new buttons and climate screen settings etc... etc.... heres an idea

this is basically how im trying to make my car look like

·
PIMP MY RIDE PLZ
192 Posts
If you buy a 81ACRD Ingenix unit for the top display, dual climate temperature will be shown on that screen.

If you're going to install any other aftermarket stereo, you'll likely have to take out all the OEM radio buttons because that's where the stereo will go.

I'm not sure with the EX-L w/ Navi model Accord, if you'll be able to keep all top screen functions if you choose to install another unit in there. Someone else should chime in to confirm.

I have a dual screen setup that is similar, minus the dual climate control.
http://i.imgur.com/HWjGFai.jpg

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
Dual climate control in an LX, very ambitious.

·
Registered
353 Posts
If you put an aftermarket radio. You will lose most of the features of the top screen. You are better doing a custom made setup at this point

·
Registered
42 Posts
oh okay im just wondering because i like the climate control settings but what i was going to do is get an aftermarket stereo ( like pioneer appradio4 ) and the top i can set it up as another screen so it would look nice 2 screens yanno i was just wondering cause if it will require modification on the climate control for the new buttons and climate screen settings etc... etc.... heres an idea

this is basically how im trying to make my car look like

that doesnt look bad at all it be nice if the 6 disc charger work and the gps then ill be sold on it i like the fact we cn customize it but at the same time ill like all of my options to work thats probably why i still have mines still stock

1 - 9 of 9 Posts