Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When replacing my hazard switch the other day, I had some trouble pulling out the radio unit. Turns out I missed two screws (argh! I re-read the instructions so many times last night). Finished the job today, but I have no response from any of the radio unit. Since it was left on, I know it still works and I can control it from the steering wheel. But none of the buttons on the unit itself work. I assumed I lost a cord or wiggled one loose. There is one missing slot in the back, should there be something here (if so, I can't find it anywhere)?! Otherwise, can you give me some instruction on how to get those middle two out so I can try unplugging and replugging them all in? Or could there be something else that's causing those buttons to be unresponsive...

·
Cruising in Montana
3,687 Posts
My guess is the problem is likely inside the radio.

What "middle two" plugs? There are three in the middle. The one 2nd from the right shows you. There's an arrow on the body of the plugpointing which way to lock down/tighten the release (the white thing). Pull it to the left to release the plug.

The white plug and the one to it's left, just push down on the tang in the middle of them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My guess is the problem is likely inside the radio.

What "middle two" plugs? There are three in the middle. The one 2nd from the right shows you. There's an arrow on the body of the plugpointing which way to lock down/tighten the release (the white thing). Pull it to the left to release the plug.

The white plug and the one to it's left, just push down on the tang in the middle of them.
Thanks. Sorry for the "middle two" plugs confusion, I wrote this post about an hour over struggling with some of the plugs.

Any ideas on what could be wrong inside the radio if the buttons are unresponsive? I'm very tech savvy and 100% comfortable pulling it open (more so than I was with my car), but I just don't know what I'd be looking for in a radio unit. Also, kind of surprised that anything would be seriously wrong by just "pulling to hard"...if any damage was done by forgetting those two screws, I'd imagine it was some cracked plastic or something (but I wasn't even pulling that hard out of fear of cracked plastic).

·
Registered
455 Posts
Thanks. Sorry for the "middle two" plugs confusion, I wrote this post about an hour over struggling with some of the plugs.

Any ideas on what could be wrong inside the radio if the buttons are unresponsive? I'm very tech savvy and 100% comfortable pulling it open (more so than I was with my car), but I just don't know what I'd be looking for in a radio unit. Also, kind of surprised that anything would be seriously wrong by just "pulling to hard"...if any damage was done by forgetting those two screws, I'd imagine it was some cracked plastic or something (but I wasn't even pulling that hard out of fear of cracked plastic).
bluetooth, aux, steering wheel, main and aftermarket amp is a guess what each harness is. if your radio is getting power, it must be an internal issue.

·
Running NYC
1,315 Posts
Maybe this is a sign I'm supposed to put a double DIN in here with Android Auto.
Or get an android double din that rubs android 4.2 and up! Mines still rock solid after a yr and change

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Or get an android double din that rubs android 4.2 and up! Mines still rock solid after a yr and change
Kind of makes me want to fumble with a Nexus 7 and a custom build. Not sure if it'd be a waste of money in the end if I don't have any luck. I'm a big Android nerd, so running a cheap manufacturer's build of Android 4.X would really kill me inside ;)

bluetooth, aux, steering wheel, main and aftermarket amp is a guess what each harness is. if your radio is getting power, it must be an internal issue.
Guess I'm taking it apart some night, then. Any ideas what to look for? Even just a schematic of the innards of the radio would help. This is the closest I've gotten, a part number: 39100-TE0-L61ZARM

·
Cruising in Montana
3,687 Posts
Seems to me the most likely problem is broken solder joints where the sockets meet the circuit board, which could be caused by pulling on the radio with the plugs still inserted.

Or, ribbon cable(s) inside the radio are not fully inserted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts