Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
CBP 2013 Accord Sport CVT
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately this week I have been sick. Upper Respiratory Infection. So from Sunday to Wednesday night my Sport hasn't moved. Had dr's appt Thurs afternoon. This is what I realized after not driving for approximately 5 days. I love the acceleration once I get past 20 mph. This car accelerates so smoothly. Very stable ride and pretty quiet. My appt was about 15 miles away and the speed limits ranged from 35 to 55 mph. My Sport easily keeps up with the flow of traffic, and when I feel the urge. Just drop it in S and use the paddle shifters and it will easily leave traffic behind. This Sport is easily imo one of the best cars that Honda has built. I look forward to many many miles. I'm excited because Sunday I will get to put on about 500-600 miles. Definitely looking forward to this road trip. I love my Sport. It feels as if it was tailored to fit me exactly.

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
Glad you're enjoying your car, drive it in good health. :)

·
PLATINUM PLAYER
82 Posts
ditto!!!

get well soon

·
Registered
123 Posts
I good to read about the shared enthusiasm. I really enjoy driving mine and actually look forward to time behind the wheel. This is my first Honda and I'm impressed so far, and look forward to the ownership experience. Well spent $$. Hope that you feel better soon and get back behind the wheel!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Agree with every word. I'm at 8400 miles right now and I've loved every mile.

·
S mode
382 Posts
I love driving in S mode too! BUT anyone notice that after 20+ miles, when you're around 2 or 3 gear, you can hear a strange hissing noise from the front every time you accelerate? That is what I notice, but when I put car back into Drive mode or shift up to 4+ gears, the hissing noise went away.

Can you someone pint point to me if this normal? or not?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I love driving in S mode too! BUT anyone notice that after 20+ miles, when you're around 2 or 3 gear, you can hear a strange hissing noise from the front every time you accelerate? That is what I notice, but when I put car back into Drive mode or shift up to 4+ gears, the hissing noise went away.

Can you someone pint point to me if this normal? or not?
It's the turbo whistle. :D

Ok. I believe it's the whistle noise you get from the cvt at low speeds.
There is a thread regarding to that noise.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It's the turbo whistle. :D
Not to really jump completely off the rails, but has anybody heard the Turbo in the new Optima? I'm betting they may sound similar from your description. I've always liked that sound of a nice Turbo getting spooled up, like in an older Buick GNX, that sound exudes power!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I love my sport but I hate the drive by wire! Accelerating from a stop with my cvt is just horried. Anybody agree as well? I'm looking into a throttle booster from Sprint Booster. I've been researching for the past 2 weeks and it seems like a promising mod. Price tag is $300 but from the reviews I've read most people who've installed this mod loves it. I've contacted Sprinter and they said I would be able to do a trial run with a full money back guarentee. Sprinter is still in the production stages for our Accord so they asked me to contact them in a months times.

·
Registered
64 Posts
X2 with the love for the sport…great car ;-)

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
I love my sport but I hate the drive by wire! Accelerating from a stop with my cvt is just horried. Anybody agree as well? I'm looking into a throttle booster from Sprint Booster. I've been researching for the past 2 weeks and it seems like a promising mod. Price tag is $300 but from the reviews I've read most people who've installed this mod loves it. I've contacted Sprinter and they said I would be able to do a trial run with a full money back guarentee. Sprinter is still in the production stages for our Accord so they asked me to contact them in a months times.
I think that may be more the function of the CVT transmission. It's a common characteristic of a CVT transmission.

Jay

·
Registered
125 Posts
X2 with the love for the sport…great car ;-)
X3
I'm starting to see a few more on the road lately.
I just could not justify paying another $7k to get the V6, especially since it isn't needed. This car zooms plenty.

·
Banned
47 Posts
Unfortunately this week I have been sick. Upper Respiratory Infection. So from Sunday to Wednesday night my Sport hasn't moved. Had dr's appt Thurs afternoon. This is what I realized after not driving for approximately 5 days. I love the acceleration once I get past 20 mph. This car accelerates so smoothly. Very stable ride and pretty quiet. My appt was about 15 miles away and the speed limits ranged from 35 to 55 mph. My Sport easily keeps up with the flow of traffic, and when I feel the urge. Just drop it in S and use the paddle shifters and it will easily leave traffic behind. This Sport is easily imo one of the best cars that Honda has built. I look forward to many many miles. I'm excited because Sunday I will get to put on about 500-600 miles. Definitely looking forward to this road trip. I love my Sport. It feels as if it was tailored to fit me exactly.
I feel the same way!

·
2014 Sport
7 Posts
I recently went from a 2013 GT500 (totaled in a rollover) to the 2014 Accord Sport (decided to go back to practical). I have to say I enjoy driving the Accord just as much as the Shelby. It's smooth, comfortable, quiet and 30mpg is a nice change from 16mpg. The car is very roomy, doors open wide so it's easy to get in and out, for the money I don't think there is anything better out there. Honda got it right!

·
CBP 2013 Accord Sport CVT
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I love my Sport - Update

After driving 400+ miles yesterday. I have the following observations. I can say that this car freaking loves the highway. My Sport is highly comfortable highway cruiser. I've noticed with all of my hondas they all have a cruising sweet spot. That sweet spot on mine is 85 mph. I look forward to my next trip. Putting my music on vol 18 and setting the cruise on 85, and I can ride all day long. Also, on this trip my mileage averaged 34.9 according to the computer. I love my Sport. :thmsup:

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
After driving 400+ miles yesterday. I have the following observations. I can say that this car freaking loves the highway. My Sport is highly comfortable highway cruiser. I've noticed with all of my hondas they all have a cruising sweet spot. That sweet spot on mine is 85 mph. I look forward to my next trip. Putting my music on vol 18 and setting the cruise on 85, and I can ride all day long. Also, on this trip my mileage averaged 34.9 according to the computer. I love my Sport. :thmsup:
Where can you cruise at 85 MPH in the US and not be exceeding the speed limit? Even in West Texas the maximum speed is 75 MPH or less.

I agree that the I4 is a very sweet cruising engine. It has a very broad torque range and combined with the CVT transmission has a very broad sweet spot even at 70 MPH.

·
Reverse
66 Posts
How about those paddle shifters? I love that I can use them to slow down instead of hitting the brake pedal. They're pretty nice for the interstate on ramps, too. :banana:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Where can you cruise at 85 MPH in the US and not be exceeding the speed limit? Even in West Texas the maximum speed is 75 MPH or less.

I agree that the I4 is a very sweet cruising engine. It has a very broad torque range and combined with the CVT transmission has a very broad sweet spot even at 70 MPH.
Montana comes to mind, no daytime speed limit....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts