Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This Thursday sucks.

I rear ended a Nissan Altima this morning on my way to work. :/ I guess it was very minimal... more like a hard tap. We both Immediately pulled over and inspected the vehicles. Her bumper had a scuff maybe an inch long (barely noticeable)... mine had zero visible damage.

My question is... Do you think my car could've in any way got damaged? Anything you might think was affected.

Thanks for the input guys!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Learn from it and move on. If your turning into the insurance its up to them on damage.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The Nissan Altima deserved it... :smile

·
The Shadow displaced Bug Magnet
2020 Honda Accord Touring 2.0T in Modern Steel Metallic
486 Posts
No Pictures = No Damages.

Seriously, if nobody bothered to take pictures, the likelihood of internal damage is about 0.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Be thankful the owner of the Altima did not insist on calling the police. Most folks, when rear ended, never hesitate to report the accident because they automatically assume the other driver was at fault. Many also see that type of accident as a payday from your insurance company due to back pain or whiplash injuries sustained in the accident. Would like to see a pic of the damage to your vehicle?

·
No PRND
749 Posts
If anything broke, it would be your bumper. Try to wiggle it up and down then left and right. The mounting clips/bolts/screws are the first thing that would break.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Watched a neighbor of mine back into a KIA last week...lol totally clueless

At least you both pulled over.... most of the people I see on the road that get in minor fender benders just flat out stop in the middle of the lane and block up 1-2 lanes for 1+ hours...

·
EarthDreams
788 Posts
Watched a neighbor of mine back into a KIA last week...lol totally clueless

At least you both pulled over.... most of the people I see on the road that get in minor fender benders just flat out stop in the middle of the lane and block up 1-2 lanes for 1+ hours...
Never had I witnessed someone do this... Then I moved to Florida.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Was she hot? Did you get her number? or was it just a hit it and quit it?

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts
If anything broke, it would be your bumper. Try to wiggle it up and down then left and right. The mounting clips/bolts/screws are the first thing that would break.
Actually it's the opposite. The bumper is the last thing to show damage because it's bouncy plastic. See it all the time where the rear bumper looks mint and underneath the whole trunk is squashed in an inch.

You have to pull the bumper off and do a proper inspection. Anything more than idling into someone is probably going to deform the metal structures behind the bumper.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My sisters Altima was 2 weeks old and rear ended by 17 year old girl in jeep- looked fine and wouldn't have done anything if, two weeks later, she was hit in a parking lot- kid flew into spot on her drivers side and hit her on the rear. 2500 dollars in damage from that and damage in trunk area from first hit that was not realized. Lights and bumper misaligned and all. Lesson- get it checked out before someone either buying or appraising your car sees it and ur SOL.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts