Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my new V6 that I got yesterday, it seems that the radio screen (the lower one which is the touchscreen) never turns off? Yet there is a setting called Fade Out that I have set to 30 secs. And I swear that when I was test driving a different one, it went black after a period of time, and would light up again when I touched it. So can somebody confirm whether their touch screen fades out when not in use (being touched)?

·
Elvira
3,587 Posts
My model (see signature) does not dim the touchscreen unless I hit the button on the display. When you set the FADE OUT, is that for the interior lights?

I do not see any way to dim the radio touchscreen through the settings. I
could be missing something, but I don't think so.

It would be very helpful too if you put the exact trim level, trans,coupe/sedan navi or not, etc you purchased since not all trims/models are setup the same way.

If you do find a way to dim it let us know cause I would appreciate it so I don't have to hit the button to turn it off manually.

Miker

just looked in manual on page 205 regarding BLACKOUT timing sets the screen blackout timing. I'll try it.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My model (see signature) does not dim the touchscreen unless I hit the button on the display. When you set the FADE OUT, is that for the interior lights?

I do not see any way to dim the radio touchscreen through the settings. I
could be missing something, but I don't think so.

It would be very helpful too if you put the exact trim level, trans,coupe/sedan navi or not, etc you purchased since not all trims/models are setup the same way.

If you do find a way to dim it let us know cause I would appreciate it so I don't have to hit the button to turn it off manually.

Miker
I have the same model, EXL V6 without nav (same color too!)

I'll have to look again but I swear the menu setting is for screen fadeout and it gives options of 30S, 60S, and one or two more. I might be remembering incorrectly though. I just assumed the screen might turn itself off after a period of time. Seems no need to have it on all the time while you drive. Could just turn itself on as soon as you touch it again if you want to change the station etc.

·
Elvira
3,587 Posts
I have the same model, EXL V6 without nav (same color too!)

I'll have to look again but I swear the menu setting is for screen fadeout and it gives options of 30S, 60S, and one or two more. I might be remembering incorrectly though. I just assumed the screen might turn itself off after a period of time. Seems no need to have it on all the time while you drive. Could just turn itself on as soon as you touch it again if you want to change the station etc.
Marty

just tried to set fade setting under the clock display setting and all mine does is dim the highlights of the preset buttons and the More button so you just view the outlines of the preset buttons. I can't get it to shutoff completely. Maybe the navi models or Touring models do but not the EX-L.

It is 30,60,120,never setting.

Miker

·
Registered
901 Posts
My touch screen dims, don't know what it's set to, where the settings are or how to change it, but it definitely goes dark, not black. See sig for model...

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Mine has not dimmed, that I can tell. I did find the 'Fade' control. Go to Clock and screen settings in the upper right side of the touch screen. When the clock settings appear there is a button with two down arrows that take you to the next screen. The fade settings are 30 sec. 60 seconds, 120 seconds and never. I could not find that setting screen in the owners manual. Mine is set at 30 seconds and I have not seen it fade since I bought the car the last week in June. Does the touch screen only fade at night? Any ideas?

·
Registered
901 Posts
perhaps the fade function only works with the headlights on. somebody should check it and report back.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Aren't there two fade settings? One for daytime and one for nighttime? I assume that's in reference to the headlights being on or off.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Aren't there two fade settings? One for daytime and one for nighttime? I assume that's in reference to the headlights being on or off.
I think you are referring to the day/night brightness setting. This is controlled by the Day/Night button on the upper left side of the small touch screen. It switches from day brightness to night by a sensor somewhere in the car if you have the headlights set to Auto. If you select the headlights on or off manually, then the screens switch from day to night brightness along with the headlights. I have my headlights selected to Auto and the screens don't dim to the night setting based on the headlights being on or off. They dim or brighten as a function of brightness in the car. Since going to standard time my screens go to the daylight setting going to work in the morning when the interior light is bright enough inside the car and dims on the way home as the interior gets dark.

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
Mine says blips down 2-3 levels of brightness at night. I will have to check my setting when I get my car back from the dealer tomorrow.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine has not dimmed, that I can tell. I did find the 'Fade' control. Go to Clock and screen settings in the upper right side of the touch screen. When the clock settings appear there is a button with two down arrows that take you to the next screen. The fade settings are 30 sec. 60 seconds, 120 seconds and never. I could not find that setting screen in the owners manual. Mine is set at 30 seconds and I have not seen it fade since I bought the car the last week in June. Does the touch screen only fade at night? Any ideas?
Yes I went back and found the same setting when I was driving tonight. I knew I had seen it in there!

When I pressed the "night" button (not sure what to call it, but the little tiny button top left of the touchscreen with a little sun or light or something on it) then both screens shut off completely, and so the touchscreen was black until I touched it again.

Maybe the "fade" is truly that, just a "fade" and not a "fade to black". I'll need to watch it again during the daytime to see if it just goes from bright to mid.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a V6. If the radio or cd player isn't being used, the radio screen goes black after about a minute. It was set this way from the factory.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a V6. If the radio or cd player isn't being used, the radio screen goes black after about a minute. It was set this way from the factory.
Okay. Not really that smart on Honda's part since I'd guess that radio or CD is probably always playing in 95% of people's cars while they drive. No need to burn that screen for hours and hours while you drive, especially if you're the type who may just leave it on the same station for a long time. Even when the radio is on, the touch screen should fade out after a period of time and then if you ever want to use it, you just touch it and it comes on again. I think you can press that little button in the upper left corner to shut it off, so maybe I'll just do that. Although I recall that might have shut off both the upper and touch screens.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts