Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so have always loved the g37 muffler sound. i will really like to know if any of you guys have ever try to make your accord v6 sound similar to the g37. ?? i know they are different engine and different heaters, but what can i do make it sound similar??? i have a 2013 accord v6 exl thank you

·
3rd Pedal
36 Posts
ok so have always loved the g37 muffler sound. i will really like to know if any of you guys have ever try to make your accord v6 sound similar to the g37. ?? i know they are different engine and different heaters, but what can i do make it sound similar??? i have a 2013 accord v6 exl thank you
I can't help you with the "how" but completely agree on the g37 exhaust tone. The Z sounds sweet too. These are in a small handful of cars that get my attention because of their exhaust note when on my commuter bike ( ya know, the kind with pedals). My I4 won't ever come close I'm afraid... good luck!

·
Registered
884 Posts
The mufflers don't give the car a distinct sound. The engine does. My advice? Get the Borla exhaust and a test pipe (2nd cat delete or catless j pipe). That'll be sure to tickle your fancy.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Buy a G37, thats how. :p

But you should check out the video&sound in the HFP accord w/Magnaflows, the Borla, and Takeda threads. If those(sound) are not what you are looking for, you should try a brand of your own, start a trend. like Flowmasters

·
Banned
5,773 Posts
The engine note of the G37 is due to the timing of the valve events, engine bore and stroke, engine bank angle, valve angles, etc. All of it adds up to different harmonics. That's not something that can be replicated.

·
Luv2Drum
119 Posts
Just checked a youtube vid for the Borla exhaust for the V6. Not bad, might have to be checking into that.
The Flowmaster sounds fairly good too. I've got those on my truck.:dunno:

·
Registered
884 Posts
Whenever I hear "Flowmaster" I think "pep boys". Dunno why.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Record a sound clip of a G37 and then loop it and play it over your car stereo REALLY loud...

While you're going through the trouble record a Maserati GranTourismo as well, they have a beautiful exhaust note.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I worked at a muffler shop a while back and customers always asked us that if we ever took off a muffler from a 350z to save it for them. Like you guys said. It's the engine that makes it sound nice. My response was always buy a 350z.

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
Do a badass engine swap lol

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,338 Posts
Interesting. I know a few people with G37s. I never thought the sound was that remarkable...

Jay

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah I'm not a fan of the G35/37 exhaust note either.

To me it sounds a like a cat purring underwater.

·
Lurking...
59 Posts
sigh seeing this thread makes me miss my 2006 maxima that was destroyed, thanks to this guy slamming into the back of it going 55-60 on the freeway. here's how she sounded:

i know i wont be able to get my exl v6 to sound like that, but i'm looking at getting a custom exhaust done, starting from the jpipe out back to two magnaflow mufflers. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts