Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

i want the infinity g37 muffler sound !!!

12K views 30 replies 23 participants last post by  Markus 
#1 ·
ok so have always loved the g37 muffler sound. i will really like to know if any of you guys have ever try to make your accord v6 sound similar to the g37. ?? i know they are different engine and different heaters, but what can i do make it sound similar??? i have a 2013 accord v6 exl thank you

#4 ·
I can't help you with the "how" but completely agree on the g37 exhaust tone. The Z sounds sweet too. These are in a small handful of cars that get my attention because of their exhaust note when on my commuter bike ( ya know, the kind with pedals). My I4 won't ever come close I'm afraid... good luck!

#5 ·
The mufflers don't give the car a distinct sound. The engine does. My advice? Get the Borla exhaust and a test pipe (2nd cat delete or catless j pipe). That'll be sure to tickle your fancy.

#6 ·
Buy a G37, thats how. :p

But you should check out the video&sound in the HFP accord w/Magnaflows, the Borla, and Takeda threads. If those(sound) are not what you are looking for, you should try a brand of your own, start a trend. like Flowmasters

#8 ·
Just checked a youtube vid for the Borla exhaust for the V6. Not bad, might have to be checking into that.
The Flowmaster sounds fairly good too. I've got those on my truck.:dunno:

#16 ·
Do a badass engine swap lol

#17 ·
Interesting. I know a few people with G37s. I never thought the sound was that remarkable...

Jay

#20 ·
sigh seeing this thread makes me miss my 2006 maxima that was destroyed, thanks to this guy slamming into the back of it going 55-60 on the freeway. here's how she sounded:

i know i wont be able to get my exl v6 to sound like that, but i'm looking at getting a custom exhaust done, starting from the jpipe out back to two magnaflow mufflers. :)

#22 ·
sigh seeing this thread makes me miss my 2006 maxima that was destroyed, thanks to this guy slamming into the back of it going 55-60 on the freeway. here's how she sounded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G6za_4u_qE

i know i wont be able to get my exl v6 to sound like that, but i'm looking at getting a custom exhaust done, starting from the jpipe out back to two magnaflow mufflers. :)
Sounds good....those Vq's made wonderful music. I had an Alti SER with the same sound.

#26 ·
Buy some G35/37 or 350/370z mufflers and resonators and have them custom installed. I know a 7th gen guy did this and it sounded eerily similar.

#27 ·
#28 ·
The youtube link in that thread is set to private :(

I still doubt it'll sound like a real 350/g35 simply based on the fact that we don't have the VQ motor in our cars. So much more is at play then simply swapping in Nissan exhaust components. Kudos to that guy's attempt though.

#29 ·
I know, too bad. I tried a google search to find other videos of it but no luck. I remember it was VERY reminiscent of a 350z exhaust sound, especially at low revs.

#31 ·
lol.

Actually my G37 uses no more fuel than my Accord in normal driving. The difference is that the G requires premium fuel and the Accord does not. And this makes a big difference when the difference in price between the two is close to 60c per US gallon.

But I agree - buy a G37 to get the G37 sound. They are wonderful cars to drive as well as sounding great. But then I might be a bit biased. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.