Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 v6 manual honda accord with navigation and i was thinking about switching out the stock sub for a 8 inch kicker. I want to install a amp somewhere in my trunk but i dont know where to pull power from. to get the signal for the amp I was thinking about doing it by pulling signal from the wires that the stock sub was connected to, to the amp, then back to the new sub. Also can someone help me on how to remove the back panel where the speakers are located, and if my idea will even work. Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
There's a thread started by member Devinkato that has a wealth of information in installing aftermaket subs in the 8th Gen Coupe.

This link takes you to my installation, but I suggest you go to page one and read forward from there. You'll see plenty of great information as well as links to other threads on the topic.

- T

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have a 2008 v6 manual honda accord with navigation and i was thinking about switching out the stock sub for a 8 inch kicker. I want to install a amp somewhere in my trunk but i dont know where to pull power from. to get the signal for the amp I was thinking about doing it by pulling signal from the wires that the stock sub was connected to, to the amp, then back to the new sub. Also can someone help me on how to remove the back panel where the speakers are located, and if my idea will even work. Thanks
To begin with, is the 8' kicker a free air sub, i doubt it. so you would have to put a box around the sub....

anyways, you would have to purchase a free air sub and still have to do the wiring using a line out converter to power the amp. im not to sure how to remove the back deck, but im pretty sure its on the forums in the instructions...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts