Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2013 Accord Coupe Ex
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay i know there are already a few threads on this but it hasnt been answered, but if it has been, my mistake and please direct me to it. Also i understand the inlet size is 2.25 if im not mistaken.

I have a 2013 accord coupe with a single exhaust. I talked to a custom exhaust shop and the guy quoted me 150 for the labor and all hangers. I just need to get the mufflers myself. I dont want stock mufflers i want something a bit aggressive. Not ricey, but something deep. What i cant figure out, is the proper length of the muffler to buy. I want straight mufflers, i think theyre called glass packs? idk but if anyone could help me out it would be amazing, and of course ill have pics and videos once its all completed.

i understand i should also be buying the driver side heat shield right? or is that not absolutely necessary, i only need the car to last 2 years before i return it to the dealership.

·
Ryland L. Loncharich
112 Posts
You are pretty much putting an Axle-Back exhaust on a i4 engine. I think you are going to have extreme difficulty not obtaining a ricer sound.

I would recommend going with the most quiet mufflers you can get so it doesn't sound embarrassing.

·
Registered
957 Posts
It is possible to get it done, however is difficult as Gefex said ^^

I've only heard magnaflows and a company called N1 that make a nice mean sound to them on 4 banger accords

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Click my Magnaflow link in my signature below. No rice/raspy sound. All deep growling/rumbling tone. All the people who went with my setup are happy with it. :)

No heat shield needed either.

·
2013 Accord Coupe Ex
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Click my Magnaflow link in my signature below. No rice/raspy sound. All deep growling/rumbling tone. All the people who went with my setup are happy with it. :)

No heat shield needed either.
how much louder than stock is it? im sure it sounds nice, but youtube and cellphones just wont do it justice

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
how much louder than stock is it? im sure it sounds nice, but youtube and cellphones just wont do it justice

Outside? Much louder, inside? At first it'll be a bit loud for me cause obviously I wasn't used to the change, this goes to all aftermarket exhaust anyway, but over time you'll get use to it. Driving with music on, you'll barely hear it depends on how loud(not like you'll hear from all the way down the street) you set it.

·
2013 Accord Coupe Ex
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Outside? Much louder, inside? At first it'll be a bit loud for me cause obviously I wasn't used to the change, this goes to all aftermarket exhaust anyway, but over time you'll get use to it. Driving with music on, you'll barely hear it depends on how loud(not like you'll hear from all the way down the street) you set it.
alright awesome, do you think these would fit?

i cant afford the magnaflows atm

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I don't think so, in the description the dem is 20x11x6... 20 is too long, Would not fit in there (that's what she said)... Are there any video on YouTube of previous gen with that? So you'll know what yours will sound like?... I would wait and save up to get the magnaflows

·
2013 Accord Coupe Ex
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't think so, in the description the dem is 20x11x6... 20 is too long, Would not fit in there (that's what she said)... Are there any video on YouTube of previous gen with that? So you'll know what yours will sound like?... I would wait and save up to get the magnaflow
Alright i guess ill just wait and save up. You've been awesome though man but one last question, if i got the same magnaflows as you could i get these to fit on the end?

i know its 2.5 isntead of 2.25 but i feel like it should be possibly for my exhaust guy to do something. Also how far out do u think they would stick from the bumper? i dont want my friends climbing on the exhaust tips thinking its there for them to mess with -_-

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Alright i guess ill just wait and save up. You've been awesome though man but one last question, if i got the same magnaflows as you could i get these to fit on the end?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009R6ZSWI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1FJ2J0QV07Z1X

i know its 2.5 isntead of 2.25 but i feel like it should be possibly for my exhaust guy to do something. Also how far out do u think they would stick from the bumper? i dont want my friends climbing on the exhaust tips thinking its there for them to mess with -_-
No prob :-D

Your exhaust guy should weld the tips onto the the muffler itself and not the outlet pipe, obviously since dia are different. Mine are 3" tips lol. Make sure he do that first then position the muffler with the tips already welded on. Checkout my thread(pics of the tips at different angles) to see how far your should stick out. Don't go out too far, it wouldn't look good IMO. Lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts