Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with the following parts will I need the car to be "tuned" at all for the parts to work properly in conjunction.
Also What kind of overall gains could I expect from the following parts, not separately but all together.
Is there anything else that would make a substantial difference that I am missing?

yes I realize that its the i4 and not the v6, yes I realize that even with all of those upgrades 225hp would even still be a stretch... I paid 5000 for the car...so no I don't care about any of that :)

I just want it to have more pep than if it were stock. and not be too much louder...but deeper. after coilovers, ebc rotors and pads, stereo, rims and other misc goodies I still have loot to spend, so any extra pep is worth it to me

down pipe (2nd cat delete)
greddy se exhaust
throttle body spacer
weapon r I-throttle (no gains, just better response)
weapon r secret weapon cai
pulley kit
ported intake runner

·
Registered
206 Posts
Pretty much the answer is no you won't see much gain just a change in the sound. There is no tune for the Honda........ at this time.

·
Registered
396 Posts
If you want to have some performance. Put your car on a diet and also its cheap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well that's disheartening. So is the k24z3 plagued by its bass ackwards integrated exhaust manifold to the point that its not worth making performance parts for because I have searched high and low and can not find cams or any actually motor mods anywhere?
is there another motor that you can use parts off of, another k24z series motor...the z7 out of the si civics maybe? there is no part support for the freakin car

·
fffffffffffffffff
28 Posts

·
08 Accord 5spd
37 Posts
Just be patient, there's a guy that goes by the name of Ktuner who is actually working on tuning the ecu for the i4. I think the goal is to have the kit available within the next few months.

If this goes through as planned, then all of those mods should make some type of difference.

·
Registered
68 Posts
with the following parts will I need the car to be "tuned" at all for the parts to work properly in conjunction.
Also What kind of overall gains could I expect from the following parts, not separately but all together.
Is there anything else that would make a substantial difference that I am missing?

yes I realize that its the i4 and not the v6, yes I realize that even with all of those upgrades 225hp would even still be a stretch... I paid 5000 for the car...so no I don't care about any of that :)

I just want it to have more pep than if it were stock. and not be too much louder...but deeper. after coilovers, ebc rotors and pads, stereo, rims and other misc goodies I still have loot to spend, so any extra pep is worth it to me

down pipe (2nd cat delete)
greddy se exhaust
throttle body spacer
weapon r I-throttle (no gains, just better response)
weapon r secret weapon cai
pulley kit
ported intake runner
While it is true that you'll leave some power on the table until a tuning solution becomes available, you will notice some gains with just a few basic bolt ons. Since you mentioned you don't want to make the car too loud, I would recommend not doing a downpipe, removing a cat will significantly increase the sound of the car, even with a stock exhaust.

Our suggestion to get the most bang for your buck power wise would be the following.

WR Secret Weapon Intake
Greddy SE Exhaust
TB Spacer

With just those 3 mods you'll see better top end power, a nice deep exhaust tone, and improved midrange throttle response. The WR Throttle Controller will increase that even more, but will not add an power as you mentioned. Let us know if we can help lay out any other plans you have for the car.

Regards,
Eric

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
Everything on my car is the only stuff I'd really recommend. TB spacer I consider engine bling. Intake is more of a noise mod unless you want a handful of extra HP at redline. Also, the i-Throttle won't really improve "responsiveness", it only changes sensitivity. People get that confused. I had it a while ago but got rid of it because it couldn't cope with rapid throttle feathering (it would cause the ecu to go into limp mode thinking something was wrong with the pedal assembly).

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
Everything on my car is the only stuff I'd really recommend. TB spacer I consider engine bling. Intake is more of a noise mod unless you want a handful of extra HP at redline. Also, the i-Throttle won't really improve "responsiveness", it only changes sensitivity. People get that confused. I had it a while ago but got rid of it because it couldn't cope with rapid throttle feathering (it would cause the ecu to go into limp mode thinking something was wrong with the pedal assembly).
"(it would cause the ecu to go into limp mode thinking something was wrong with the pedal assembly)"

LOL! That is a great way to say that. Thanks for the good laugh! :)

Scott C.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts