Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched for the answer to this but I guess it is too specific of a question. I currently have a Takeda SRI installed and I would like to buy a TBS (link below). The problem is that the SRI is already pretty squeezed in there and also has a mount farther down near the cone. If I install the TBS I am worried that the SRI will not fit and/or not be lined up with the other mounting point anymore. Has anyone else done both of these mods or know for a fact that this would work?
Thanks

http://throwdownperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=219_1_2_4_76&products_id=3159

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
I believe you just have to trim the silicone sleeve between the SRI and TB in order to fit the TBS in.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe you just have to trim the silicone sleeve between the SRI and TB in order to fit the TBS in.
Or maybe buy a shorter one?

·
Registered
957 Posts
I have both the Takeda SRI and the P2R throttle body spacer and there was no trimming or anything required. They both fit no problem. I did have to adjust the angle of the SRI slightly just to accommodate another half inch from the spacer, but it was a no brainer. Easy install if you ask me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have both the Takeda SRI and the P2R throttle body spacer and there was no trimming or anything required. They both fit no problem. I did have to adjust the angle of the SRI slightly just to accommodate another half inch from the spacer, but it was a no brainer. Easy install if you ask me.
Good news! Could you still get the intake to line up with the stabilizing mount?
And could you tell a difference with the TBS?

·
Registered
957 Posts
Its hard to describe the difference with it. The engine revs smoother and makes a nicer ride when accelerating. You can't tell the performance difference if there is one, but i would say it is a worth while mod. Makes the engine bay look upgraded too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts