Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
08 White Honda Accord
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a V6 front bumper painted for 260 shipped on ebay (good deal right?) so now im looking to get foglights but im confused and want to make sure I get this right. I have the 2008 lx-p so that means my car is not wired for fogs, correct? Would this kit have everything i need to hookup the fogs?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-09-HONDA-ACCORD-2DR-COUPE-JDM-DRIVING-FOG-LIGHTS-KIT_W0QQitemZ110516587981QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item19bb4d4dcd

I tried searching but couldnt find the older threads which I kinda remember from a while back
If someone knows where I can get a better kit, i would appricate the help. I dont really want to buy the $200+ OEM kit unless these ebay kits are really that crappy

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
thats a good brand to get for replicas, but those r for the coupe..u can get the oems from collgehills for the sedan and get them wired to turn on with ur parking lights or lowbeams if u want..any shop can do this..

or look for a diy i think som1 has done it..

·
08 White Honda Accord
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good catch on the coupe part, i was looking and i cant find them for the v6 sedan. and i also cant find them on chh... all i see are the sedan i4... Are the coupe foglights for the v6 sedan?

·
08 White Honda Accord
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think they are the same unless someone can send me the link to one thats for the 4dr v6

·
08 White Honda Accord
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the OEM set is super expensive, and I cant tell if the coupe ones can or cannot be used. Can anyone confirm this? They look identical but its hard to tell from just a picture.

·
(ノ ̄д ̄)&#1
630 Posts
I believe someone used coupe fogs before since they're cheaper. The only difference is the bar going vertical on the coupe while sedans go horizontally. Forgot what the people that used the coupe lights did with the bars.

The V6 fog lights alone are part numbers 33951-TA0-305 (left light) and 33901-TA0-305 (right light). Would need to look under the Parts Catalog for them. Retail on the lights is $169.83 right now.

Cheapest individually without considering shipping and other fees: Majestic Honda (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/) at $122.28 for each light.
Cheapest with shipping: Mechanicsville Honda (http://www.magauto.com/) at $127.29 for each light and free shipping for orders of $75 or more.

College Hill has the fog lights from the V6 at $132.47 for each light. Not sure about the handling/shipping fees since I got lazy in making an account to check since CHH was the last place I looked up prices and Mag came out as being the cheapest for me.

This is coming off of a spreadsheet I made for price comparisons on the conversion and updated after the price increases on parts.

·
08 White Honda Accord
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I believe someone used coupe fogs before since they're cheaper. The only difference is the bar going vertical on the coupe while sedans go horizontally. Forgot what the people that used the coupe lights did with the bars.

The V6 fog lights alone are part numbers 33951-TA0-305 (left light) and 33901-TA0-305 (right light). Would need to look under the Parts Catalog for them. Retail on the lights is $169.83 right now.

Cheapest individually without considering shipping and other fees: Majestic Honda (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/) at $122.28 for each light.
Cheapest with shipping: Mechanicsville Honda (http://www.magauto.com/) at $127.29 for each light and free shipping for orders of $75 or more.

College Hill has the fog lights from the V6 at $132.47 for each light. Not sure about the handling/shipping fees since I got lazy in making an account to check since CHH was the last place I looked up prices and Mag came out as being the cheapest for me.

This is coming off of a spreadsheet I made for price comparisons on the conversion and updated after the price increases on parts.

Yea i check the prices on all those places, and if the only difference is the vertical bar then i might get the ebay ones without it. I was thinkin the bar helped and was needed but if we cant use it on the sedan then it wont matter. Thanks

·
08 White Honda Accord
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
08 White Honda Accord
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
08 White Honda Accord
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
1,349 Posts

·
(ノ ̄д ̄)&#1
630 Posts

·
08 White Honda Accord
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So i ran into an issue today, i bought the v6 bumper, bought the foglights, but my car (lx-p) doesnt come with a wireing harness, which i already knew, but figured i could buy one from honda. According to the honda dealer, i have to buy the whole side wiring harness which is ike 80$ plus a big pain in the butt, so i have a dilima. How to hook up my new fogs. I dont care if it hooks up like OEM, i kinda perfer being able to turn them on and off freely when i want to. Does anyone have any ideas or words of wisdom for this?

My current idea, is wait to see what the fogs look like on the back, and maybe wire them to battery with a fuse, then wire them through the firewall into the cabin and a switch next to the vsa button. This would allow independent use of my fogs....and hopefully would work..

·
(ノ ̄д ̄)&#1
630 Posts
Don't know too much about wiring but I believe some people have done something along those lines. I know I read before about some LX coupes wiring fogs to their parking lights, but I kinda want to say to do that at your own risk of blowing a fuse/something getting blown.

If anything, could probably try and search for how the eBay fogs work with their wiring to an independent switch.

·
08 White Honda Accord
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ive learned alot over the last few days after countless hours of research. First, coupe lights dont work because the attachment arm is straight and the sedan is bent in the middle. Also since i dont have a wiring harness, i have to custom make one, i could buy OEM but thats 80$ for each side and then a big pain installing, so custom will hopefully work better.

·
08 White Honda Accord
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Help! i ran into another problem. The footlights that i bought (oem) dont match up with the bumper. And i think it might be because the bumper isnt OEM. Can anyone with a v6 bumper tell me if this looks right. Thanks

I think there is suppose to be a screw hole where the blue is, also does this look like oem from the back?

BIIGGG gap on the right foglight, i can even get it to line up at all.

This is the gap on the left foglight, looks off.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts