Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Doc Mojo
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought i'd share this, in case anyone's wondering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1EbpyQWUTM

also, even though my car didn't fall into the VIN range of the defective part, it still rattle... Honda's taking a look into it, so my VTC actuator hasn't been replaced yet.....

·
Registered
399 Posts
This doesn't not that bad. Maybe it's just the video. When I had my 08 i4, it sounded like metal hitting against each other.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Funnest thing is that I have recorded the rattle for 3 or 4 times on the camera as well.
As I was getting ready to call and show the video with rattle sound, my 2008 I4 ExL model has completely stopped the rattle issue.
I still waiting for one more time for the rattle and will take it to dealer.

Why will it NOT rattle anymore?????

·
Registered
512 Posts
The engine has to be dead cold! Your camera seems to have compensated the volume change so it muted the sound a bit. I'm going to try to record mine today. :)

·
Registered
970 Posts
The engine has to be dead cold! Your camera seems to have compensated the volume change so it muted the sound a bit. I'm going to try to record mine today. :)
Your car matches mine in specs including HID but I have 55W4300K in fogs and 35W6000K in lows but the point is :
I started my car after one week in the cold and still not rattle!
I am puzzled!

·
Doc Mojo
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your car matches mine in specs including HID but I have 55W4300K in fogs and 35W6000K in lows but the point is :
I started my car after one week in the cold and still not rattle!
I am puzzled!
honda dealership stole your car in the middle of the night and replaced your VTC actuator....

you're crazy to do 55W fogs....

·
Registered
5 Posts
thought i'd share this, in case anyone's wondering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1EbpyQWUTM

also, even though my car didn't fall into the VIN range of the defective part, it still rattle... Honda's taking a look into it, so my VTC actuator hasn't been replaced yet.....

Having the same VTC issue on my 08 Accord "Cold Starts", it started once a month to once in a while at about 58,000 miles and now at 69,000 it drives me nuts at almost every cold start.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts