Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a recent thread the discussion centered on the vibration from thec CVT transmission in drve while standing still with the brake on vs. moving the lever to neutral.

On my way to the airport Sunday to fly to Toronto I paid particular attention to the vibration from the transmission while stopped. I even compared it to going into neutral. While enroute at 39,000 ft in smooth air I paid attention to the vibration I was feeling in my coach seat arm rest compared to the vibration I felt in my Accord's console arm rest. This was one of American Airline's brand new Airbus A319 aircraft. The vibration from my CVT transmission was about the same as on the Airbus. Both were very smooth.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've concluded that its nothing to do with the cvt but everything to do with the engine idle speed. My idle speed without extra electrical load on it is too low. Once I turn on the fan or the headlights, the idle is boosted (to run the alt more I assume) and the vibrations are gone.

Do you always have a power accessory on such as the fan or headlights?
I checked out the vibration with the engine completely warmed to normal operating temperature. I had the AC on in the auto mode. The idle RPM was less than 1,000 RPM.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I noticed this a while back too.... A way to get rid of that vibration in drive is to turn on the rear defroster. But who wants that running 24/7?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
This vibration is so minuscule that I had to concentrate to feel in the car. I had to also concentrate to feel the same amount of vibration on the airplane, which has no reciprocating parts to my knowledge. If your car is vibrating that much at a stop that you have to go to neutral than the car has a problem and needs warrantee attention from your dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.