Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I initially tried a cheap Walker UltraFlo SS resonator (16" length by 6" diameter) to replace the bottle-style unit on my Takeda. Made the car much quieter but it still rasped like crazy and it killed my ground clearance.

Didn't want to wait around for RV6 so I splurged on two new resonators this week from Summit Racing that came a day after I ordered them (yesterday). So naturally I got them installed TODAY. Lol. I put a tiny 6" body length by 4" diameter Magnaflow right at the front of the midpipe after the flange and replaced the Walker with an 18" Flowmaster Hushpower II. The results are very good. My car is super quiet under load and no more rasp:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds amazing. Did you notice any power loss as the hushpower isn't straight through?
I'm sure I lost a few but nothing that is noticeable. It's a moot point though because now that my car actually sounds good I can enjoy it again.

·
Registered
109 Posts
How is the fit with the Takeda midpipe and Borla axle back? My Borla fits perfect with the factory midpipe but fits like shit with the Takeda midpipe. Did you have the shop make adjustments when they replaced the resonators? Thanks for the heads up on this.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How is the fit with the Takeda midpipe and Borla axle back? My Borla fits perfect with the factory midpipe but fits like shit with the Takeda midpipe. Did you have the shop make adjustments when they replaced the resonators? Thanks for the heads up on this.
I'm pretty sure the flange on the Takeda ended up getting bent in a different direction to conform with the Borla a long time ago. The first time I went to RV6 for PCD/HFPC testing last year there was a gap that had formed in between the flanges that we had to fix (basically just torqued the shit out of the bolts). Seems like it's been pretty good since that day.

I would try getting some sturdy bolts and torquing the crap out of the takeda/borla flanges while the clamp onn the mid-pipe is loose to get them as tight as possible.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm pretty sure the flange on the Takeda ended up getting bent in a different direction to conform with the Borla a long time ago. The first time I went to RV6 for PCD/HFPC testing last year there was a gap that had formed in between the flanges that we had to fix (basically just torqued the shit out of the bolts). Seems like it's been pretty good since that day.

I would try getting some sturdy bolts and torquing the crap out of the takeda/borla flanges while the clamp onn the mid-pipe is loose to get them as tight as possible.
That makes sense. I definitely spent a lot of time trying to do that when I first put the Takeda pipe back on. I'll probably end up waiting for RV6 and selling the Takeda mid-pipe with rest of the exhaust. Your car sounds great btw.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts