Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I have a 2013 Honda Accord LX it's my first car I've had it for a couple months now :banana: and I just bought IJDMtoy led strips and installed it but I wonder if I can keep them on when its daytime on the auto setting for my car and not have the DRL lights run but just the LED strips like thr touring model :)

Attachments

·
Banned
5,775 Posts
Pull the DRL fuse near the driver side kick panel to disable the DRL.

To have the strip light run as your DRL you will need to rewire your lights and add a relay.

·
Wanda Honda
458 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Pull the DRL fuse near the driver side kick panel to disable the DRL.

To have the strip light run as your DRL you will need to rewire your lights and add a relay.
Is there a thread with a write-up for said rewire?

·
Registered
32 Posts
how did u install it? did it go where the t10 bulb usually go and still sealed? or did you have to cut anything and silicone seal.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how did u install it? did it go where the t10 bulb usually go and still sealed? or did you have to cut anything and silicone seal.
I installed it by just putting the strip inside the slot after taking out the bulb and just connecting it to the connector. Nothing else just plug and play. And is there like a video or picture or something to help me rewire and do all of this to get the led strips to stay on for as long as the car's on. I'm new to all this stuff. This is my first car after all lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's really bright. It glares up when taking a picture at night but I'll take one tomorrow night. :thmsup:
It looks really cool! Did you need to remove the bumper to install? How long is the led strip? Do you have the led strip before install?

Thanks,

E

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It looks really cool! Did you need to remove the bumper to install? How long is the led strip? Do you have the led strip before install?

Thanks,

E
It fills up the entire led strip slot that you see below the headlights, maybe an inch or 2 remaining but you won't notice at all because it's so bright. No I didn't had to remove the bumper and no I didn't had led strips just the stock bulb. For the sedan you can install without removing the bumper, there's enough room

·
Registered
121 Posts
another daytime pic and night time pic any chance?

·
Registered
123 Posts
thats pretty good. i was thinking about buying thoes before i saw the exledusa strip lights. look how it came out on mine. ( these are the exled ones )

·
Registered
121 Posts
they're def awesome, there's a big DIY thread abt it but not being handy enough to bake the housing :((

1 - 20 of 33 Posts