Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a bit of searching but I finally found the door sills I wanted. The only thing is I was hoping for it not to have the stencil look, but I suppose they will hold up better and I can expect that the middle of the A, O, and D will not peel off. Now that I have them in though, I don't mind the stencil lettering at all.

Got em off ebay for 79.00 here on Ebay. The original listing showed a picture of Jetta door sills, but when I contacted the seller he sent me pictures of these so I bought them. Here is a new listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...=algo=SI&its=I%2BC&itu=UCI%2BRTQ&otn=10&ps=63

And some video:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Awesome looks great!! I was looking for these but I couldn't find them.

Also, are these stainless steel or is the metal protected, cause in the winter time, there's lots of salt on the road and I don't want it to start rusting.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Awesome looks great!! I was looking for these but I couldn't find them.

Also, are these stainless steel or is the metal protected, cause in the winter time, there's lots of salt on the road and I don't want it to start rusting.
I honestly do not know. I did not think about that. I guess I will find out and see how well they hold up!

looks sick :thmsup:
how did you wire them so they light up when you open the door?
Basically I wired the negative wire of each transformer to the door switch, and ran a constant 12v from the fuse box.

Here are instructions for a TL to look at. The difference in the Accord is that the seatbelt on the Accord matches the drivers side, unlike the TL where it left an open space where the Accord seatbelt would be anchored. Not a big deal, I just located my transformers behind the insulation like the directions show for the drivers side.

The link to the install instructions:
http://www.sbadesign.com/acurazine/sills/pass.html

·
Prim and Proper
819 Posts
Those look great! I'm not too excited about the color, though. Not a fan of the light blue. If they had these in like a dark grey that would shine grey or white they'd be awesome. Do you know if the guy has different colors?

·
The taste of Vtec!
656 Posts
Looks really nice but the DIY seems a bit complicated :) I'm dumb at doing those o_O most I did was LEDGlow Interiors >.>

·
Registered
145 Posts
i like them. like the grey quincy said, i would prefer them in a different color so it can match my car color better. do u think that they would be hard to install for someone who is a complete noob at messing with their car? :)

·
2008 Honda Accord V6 EX-L
674 Posts
wish I can get this for my coupe :-\

·
Registered
951 Posts
That's pretty cool. Nice timing though, installing it in the middle of winter :thmsup: haha but I guess Atlanta doesn't get much snow?

Looks great, I've been looking for a set of some myself.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am trying to contact the seller to see if there is any color options. If I wanted to change the color I would just use some transparent color spray. Someone did that to his 6th gen coupe sills on V6P, and he made them red. You can make them any color you want except for white, since they are already blue. I like the blue. If I had a coupe I would change them to red since the instruments are red. I've seen pictures of a Mercedes with lit door sills in this same color. They should be available for the coupe, it would just require some searching. Installation is literally removing six panels and making 9 splices. I did not follow those instructions all the way. I just used it as a guide to show me what wires I needed to tap into. I didn't use T-Taps either, I just used quicksplice connectors. Even without the guide you can trace the right wire by unbolting each door open switch and looking to see what color the wire is. Those are all negative circuits. I didn't even remove any underdash covers or the kick panels in the corner of the footwell. I just used a constant 12v power wire from the fusebox to supply power, and I ran the wire along the weatherstripping on the drivers side and then under the rear seat to the passenger side.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i think that ill just wait till i can find some with white lighting. but thanks for the instrutions

·
Registered
60 Posts
I honestly do not know. I did not think about that. I guess I will find out and see how well they hold up!
I contacted the seller and he told me that they were made of stainless steel and that they would not rust.

I may just pick some up for myself. I don't mind the blue lighting, looks fine to me.

·
Texas Ground Pounder
1,031 Posts
Very nice. I've been thinking about these myself. Like others though, I would like it to be in a different color if possible. Prefer green to match the car. Might have to look in to these.

·
The taste of Vtec!
656 Posts
all seems complicated DIY to me lol Ima see if i can find ezier ones or figure something out =\

·
Boosted Sedan
1,501 Posts
The red seems like it would be hot if you ask me, although i still think the non-illuminated sills (stainless steel) with chrome accord logo is the best looking, am looking for those right now, found one awhile back but the one's i am finding now the accord logo looks bootleg ... :lmao:

Anyone have any resources for this type of sills?

·
Prim and Proper
819 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The red seems like it would be hot if you ask me, although i still think the non-illuminated sills (stainless steel) with chrome accord logo is the best looking, am looking for those right now, found one awhile back but the one's i am finding now the accord logo looks bootleg ... :lmao:

Anyone have any resources for this type of sills?
Just go to the same listing I posted a link to and look for other listings from the same seller. You will see the same exact sills as mine without illumination for 59.99 or so.

·
-Gene
520 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts