Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've made a few posts, but I'm not officially a first time car owner after purchasing an Accord for $16,950 with 49k miles. Super pumped about it. Pictures and a video (first person through Google Glass) incoming this weekend.

Do you guys recommend I tint my windows myself (I've watched a few videos) or just bring it to a shop that has done it before? Other than that, I think I'll keep my new baby stock for a while...

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Congrats. I wouldn't attempt to tint it yourself... but I'm all thumbs so you can do what your comfortable with.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

I had a feeling it was more difficult than it looks. The videos make it look "easy" but somewhat delicate -- and I'd rather there be no bubbles.

I had offered $17,000 and then knocked $50 off the price when test driving it because the hazard switch was peeling and there was a small tear in the shift boot. I've purchased both of those parts, so I'll be doing a little bit of interior work. Then I may take it to a shop and get it tinted after paying my sales taxes.

Towards the end of the year I'll be doing my first oil change and rear brake pad replacement, too. Just purchased the pads now (with the other parts) to save on shipping. Excited to get my hands a little dirty.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Congrats on your new ride. What color is it? Yes definitely take it to a pro to get the tint installed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats on your new ride. What color is it? Yes definitely take it to a pro to get the tint installed.
I believe "Polished Metal Metallic" is the technical color (gray/silver) with a black leather interior. HFP ground affects installed by dealer when first (and only) owner purchased.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I believe "Polished Metal Metallic" is the technical color (gray/silver) with a black leather interior. HFP ground affects installed by dealer when first (and only) owner purchased.
Awesome. Post some pics :grin

·
Registered
245 Posts
Welcome to DA! Congrats on your Accord! :worthless

·
Registered
434 Posts
That's a pretty good deal. I paid almost 14k for a 09 v6 navi with 95,000 miles...

Gonna lower it? They look sooo much better with a drop. I'll be doing that as soon as I stop piling up bills and tickets....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys...I already love it!

Don't think I'll lower it yet. Probably tint it soon, and then put an Android Auto radio in next year sometime.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yup, I love the ground affects. Both, I test drove actually had that installed. Surprised I found two of the V6/6-speeds...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Congrats again, it looks great!!!

·
It's a Coupe or nothing
261 Posts
I've made a few posts, but I'm not officially a first time car owner after purchasing an Accord for $16,950 with 49k miles. Super pumped about it. Pictures and a video (first person through Google Glass) incoming this weekend.

Do you guys recommend I tint my windows myself (I've watched a few videos) or just bring it to a shop that has done it before? Other than that, I think I'll keep my new baby stock for a while...
Best looking car Honda ever made. I still want one:|

1 - 18 of 18 Posts