Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WISH I GOT A MANUAL!!!!

Had to vent, sorry....I was looking in the Bay Area for manual Accords for half a year and no one...all the dealerships laughed at me for wanting to buy a manual.. they said everyone asks for automatics...so i finally gave up after half a year...

and then i find this awesome website DA.net...and see that a lot of people have 6-6's ..... ahh!!! Makes me sad.

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
Eh you aren't the only one. My next ride is going to be a manual, hopefully a year later I won't be saying I should've got an auto heh. When I was out to buy mine, they had a silver 6-6 with navi they wanted to sell me for like 30k. I just couldn't see myself spending the couple extra grand on the navigation at the time. I wasn't comfortable with driving a manual at the time either.

·
The Stig's day off...
223 Posts
Went from an auto Subaru to my 6-6 coupe. Definitely had a shock period where I almost wished I had gotten an auto. Just got used to it after a few months. I love the control I have with the stick. Now when I get in my wife's Jeep, it feels odd to be driving an auto.

On the hard to find 6-6, yeah, took me about half a year to find mine, had to get it delivered 400 miles. Nothing but options available to you on the car, but even the auto is really damn nice. Grass is always greener on the other side.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Im in the same boat as you guys. lol
But we got lucky and snagged the last black v6 in Colorado.

·
Registered
333 Posts
wish honda made the sport shift option like acuras :paranoid:, even a 6-6 sedan woulda been nice

·
3.5L i-vtec VCM
200 Posts
no denying manuals are fun but after driving a stick for 5 yrs i am loving my automatic!

·
Keepin' It R-E-A-L...!!!
5,667 Posts
Accord 6-6 is a slick package. I'm sure to outsiders, they're like it's a family-sedan w/ a nice engine & transmission - big deal. Nope, it totally feels different from other Accords when driven.

·
youtube.com/justahondaaccord
1,639 Posts
Seeing how I owned a black coupe 99 Accord V6 auto almost a decade ago there was no way I was going with an auto again, really am not a fan of autos but particularly honda autos. My last two vehicles were stick and both were a little annoying at times to drive in rush hour(97 Prelude, 05 LGT). My Accord 6-6 has never been a burden to drive, it has the smoothest gear box I've driven and just makes for a really fun daily driver no regrets after a year and 15k of ownership for sure.

·
Registered
296 Posts
With a Honda, once you go Manual, you don't wanna go back to a slushbox. EVER.

·
Registered
382 Posts
With a Honda, once you go Manual, you don't wanna go back to a slushbox. EVER.
-you got that right bro!!

-these HONDA ManualTrans are sweet--& I dont even have the 6-6, just the i4, & having the MANUAL makes a huge diff!!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
...having one manual car for me is enough (dogleg Getrag from a 2.3-16v 190 is swapped into my w201 '92 w/ a m104 3.2 engine also swapped in..downside, other manual drivers want to throw it in reverse by nature because of the dogleg layout of the shift pattern) -- my accord is pretty much my DD commute car and sled to get me up to Chicago from time to time (not that fun to drive on Lake Shore w/ a MT no matter how silky smooth the MT is).

I had my regrets w/ my past 8g at times, but having two MT cars would block my significant other from being able to drive either--a huge hassle at times.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I will only buy manuals... If Honda phases them out, I will go elsewhere or buy a big SUV. If I'm driving a car, it's gonna be stick shift for sure.

I got 1 of 2 4cyl manuals in Ohio @ the time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I probably would have bought the 6MT if I could have found one. I've owned 6 manual cars and I'm not unhappy driving an auto with my daily commute of 35 city miles.

One of these years I'll buy a weekend sports car and satisfy my itch to row my own gears.

·
'09 Accord Coupe EX-L 6-6
376 Posts
I will only buy manuals... If Honda phases them out, I will go elsewhere or buy a big SUV. If I'm driving a car, it's gonna be stick shift for sure.

I got 1 of 2 4cyl manuals in Ohio @ the time.
I'm from Ohio too and it took a long time to find my 6-6, but I'm very happy with it! :banana:

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
All of my daily drivers for the 13 years before I got my Accord were manuals. The reason I bought the Accord instead of keeping my last car was because I hoped getting an auto would help get rid of the pain in my left knee. Almost three years later and the pain is no better. My next car will most likely be manual. I don't drive in rush hour traffic too often and I find driving auto all of the time to be boring. When I get another manual car if I don't feel like shifting for myself I will just take the (auto) truck.

·
Gota love BLUE
643 Posts
well the new accord have paddle shifters thats y its a good add

·
Registered
53 Posts
For others trying to find a manual (or any particular trim level or feature that you're looking for), go to edmunds.com and select the "inventory" tab. You can see every dealership in your area that that has the particular model/option you select. I used this to find the exact car I wanted, and knew ahead of time which dealerships had that the model, trim, and transmission I was looking for, what color it was both inside and out, and whether or not the car had navi.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The Car must have 3 pedals...

·
Honda Nation
2,184 Posts
No question about it, Honda makes some of the best manual gearboxes this side of BMW or Ferrari. Slick, crisp, short throws, and a clutch that is velvet smoooooooooooooth!

The car I owned before I bought my 6-6 Accord coupe was a 2000 Prelude 5 speed. That car was the same way - after owning that for 10 years I could not get anything BUT another Honda manual transmission.

I encourage everyone on facebook to join this page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Save-the-Manuals/125741200803024

·
Registered
219 Posts
I was lucky and my dealership traded with another dealership for two cars on the production line. The car being built for my dealership was a black V6 EX-L auto coupe, and mine of course is a silver 6 speed that was being built for the other dealership. So they were actually able to swap cars during the production process which was pretty cool. I was at the dealership when the truck drove in with my car, and drove out with it that evening.

Had there not been a 6-6 in the production line however, I would have been screwed, because there was not another 6-6 in a 10 state radius from Texas. Honda will do away with manual transmission Accords for the 9th gen, and the difficulty getting a manual trans 8th gen (in any configuration, not just the coupe) is a sign of things to come. Unfortunately America is filled with lazy, distracted drivers, who would rather eat, text, talk on their cell, put on makeup, and just generally not be bothered with shifting and clutch work. Auto's just feed into that laziness and make it easier to do everything in a car other than concentrating on the road.

Now we have all of these driver aids that are starting to show up on cars, coupled with distance controlled cruise control, and the car will pretty much drive itself. Which is eventually where we're headed someday, maybe 40 years from now cars will all be on a grid and will all be driving themselves while we sit back and do whatever. The one good thing I can see about that, is it will take bad drivers out of the equation and eliminate fatal accidents every year. In America we have plenty of drivers who have no business owning a license, so a car that can drive itself will be a good thing from that perspective.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts