Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See attached images. The same song, just played from different locations appears differently. The files have been burned/transferred from the same original location and have their proper ID3 tags, but any song on the MP3 CD will just display the file name and no artist information, while my iPhone shows everything on the screen in its glory, album covers and all. Is there a way to have information from an MP3 CD display properly?:grumpy:

While ranting, I might as well mention the inability of song information to scroll if it has a rather lengthy title rather than an abrupt cut off like su-- :thumbsdow

Attachments

·
Registered
514 Posts
You're using a cd? :D

I'd guess it supports it, since it bothers to show you the no name tags. Might be a problem with the mp3 burner you're using and how it stores the info on disk. Haven't tried it though.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It should support it, I feel like it's smacking me in the face by displaying "No Name" & "No Title" tags lol

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha. Only because I acquire music on the fly, but instead of keeping files on my iPhone 5 (64GB) I transfer files to free up space, and get acquainted with the new tunes. Each month I make a mix with like 50 songs. Worthy material stays on my iPhone, everything else is eradicated.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Why not use usb instead of cd
That problem won't go away using the USB. Only the ipod/iphone provides the smarts to the imid to do proper sorting and tagging. They seem to have a pretty dumb head unit compared to my old Suzuki H.U. which read all the tags no matter what the source. Poorly done on the Accord.

I chose to use a USB memory stick rather than my ipod for music for another reason. When you finish an album on the ipod, it starts repeating the album which drives me nuts. At least using a USB device, it goes on to the next album.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That problem won't go away using the USB. Only the ipod/iphone provides the smarts to the imid to do proper sorting and tagging.
Not true. I run a 32GB cruzer loaded with my music. Tags show up perfectly after aligning everything with Tag scanner. My problem with the iMid is the lack of a pause button in USB music mode and also that non scrolling of long names is pretty annoying. Both can be fixed with a software update so i pray Honda is working on this.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Not true. I run a 32GB cruzer loaded with my music. Tags show up perfectly after aligning everything with Tag scanner. My problem with the iMid is the lack of a pause button in USB music mode and also that non scrolling of long names is pretty annoying. Both can be fixed with a software update so i pray Honda is working on this.
You cannot sort by Artist:Album on a usb like you can with an ipod. That's what I meant by limited sorting.

It also annoys me that you cannot see the status of your phone unless you are using the media player. That seems like a bizarre fluke of programming to me.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You cannot sort by Artist:Album on a usb like you can with an ipod. That's what I meant by limited sorting.

It also annoys me that you cannot see the status of your phone unless you are using the media player. That seems like a bizarre fluke of programming to me.
Ok, how do you change the sorting? Because when i use my iphone it will play my music alpabethically, not by artist or album

·
Chocolate Lady
269 Posts
It should support it, I feel like it's smacking me in the face by displaying "No Name" & "No Title" tags lol
the first pic is the mp3 cd display, the second is the ipod display

mp3 cd:
Electronics Multimedia Technology Electronic device Gadget

ipod:
Electronics Multimedia Display device Technology Electronic device

Hey, one difference i noticed is your mp3 cd is playing in '02 folder' and mine is '01 root.' I don't know if this matters; it is simply the only difference i noticed.

When i make a mp3 cd, if the song is burned straight from a store bought cd i don't change any tags. If I have the music from any other way, I usually end up changing the tags (if necessary) to read the information properly.

There are 2 things that are super annoying when playing audio: like you already said, no scrolling. Wth?! And the other is that when you put your mp3 cd on random, once a song finishes and it moves to the next track, you cannot go back to any previous songs. Wtf?!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the first pic is the mp3 cd display, the second is the ipod display

mp3 cd:
View attachment 115074

ipod:
View attachment 115082

Hey, one difference i noticed is your mp3 cd is playing in '02 folder' and mine is '01 root.' I don't know if this matters; it is simply the only difference i noticed.

When i make a mp3 cd, if the song is burned straight from a store bought cd i don't change any tags. If I have the music from any other way, I usually end up changing the tags (if necessary) to read the information properly.

There are 2 things that are super annoying when playing audio: like you already said, no scrolling. Wth?! And the other is that when you put your mp3 cd on random, once a song finishes and it moves to the next track, you cannot go back to any previous songs. Wtf?!
Wait you can random when playing a MP3 cd?:paranoid: lol I guess I need to read the manual on my Honda:lmao:

I will try to put the songs in ROOT folder and see if that changes anything and report back. Question, what program are you using to edit your information/tags and what burner are you using?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I even tried iTunes this time instead of the Power2Go burner I normally use. I even checked to make sure the track information was present before burning and still no luck lol :dunno::furious:

Attachments

·
Chocolate Lady
269 Posts
@ ShazZam

Hey... what is that second thing you have on your imid screen? (the thing showing the next 3 songs). Do you have navigation?

Anyway, I only use one of 2 programs to burn cds: Windows Media Player or Roxio (it depends on which one is working properly at the time).

As for changing tags, I don't use any program. I just right click on the song; click on 'Properties' (i think it's on the bottom of the list); and edit. If I want to change how I see the song on my computer I edit the name in the current tab (maybe 'General' or something like that). If I want to change other stuff like the way the name appears when it's playing, comments, artist, album, year, etc. I click on the other tab (I think it's 'Details). And that's it.

As for random, you find it the exact same way you find random if you are playing an ipod or usb (or I guess anything else) >>> the 'Menu' button.
And I think you should still be able to random with folders because it gives you the choice of doing random with folders or random with all songs.

(something weird is going on with this thread)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey... what is that second thing you have on your imid screen? (the thing showing the next 3 songs). Do you have navigation?

Anyway, I only use one of 2 programs to burn cds: Windows Media Player or Roxio (it depends on which one is working properly at the time).

As for changing tags, I don't use any program. I just right click on the song; click on 'Properties' (i think it's on the bottom of the list); and edit. If I want to change how I see the song on my computer I edit the name in the current tab (maybe 'General' or something like that). If I want to change other stuff like the way the name appears when it's playing, comments, artist, album, year, etc. I click on the other tab (I think it's 'Details). And that's it.

As for random, you find it the exact same way you find random if you are playing an ipod or usb (or I guess anything else) >>> the 'Menu' button.
And I think you should still be able to random with folders because it gives you the choice of doing random with folders or random with all songs.

(something weird is going on with this thread)
the menu on the iMid display is only a temporary menu that fades away after you change sources where it can read upcoming information OR if you use the click wheel below the second screen to navigate between your audio selections.

It's crazy, the exact process you mentioned in the second paragraph about the tags is the exact same way I go about editing my files and changing items to display to my preference. So I'm really thrown for a loop now as to why I can't properly see the track information but if you do it it but can see yours on your iMid display! :grumpy:

Oh and thanks for the tip on locating the "random" option. I found it, but also noticed that you can't go back as you mentioned! ha

·
Chocolate Lady
269 Posts
the menu on the iMid display is only a temporary menu that fades away after you change sources where it can read upcoming information OR if you use the click wheel below the second screen to navigate between your audio selections.
That must be a navigation-only function. My brother's Pilot, with Navigation, has the same thing.

It's crazy, the exact process you mentioned in the second paragraph about the tags is the exact same way I go about editing my files and changing items to display to my preference. So I'm really thrown for a loop now as to why I can't properly see the track information but if you do it it but can see yours on your iMid display! :grumpy:
Hmmmm... interesting. What do you use to create and burn? Try using Windows Media Player (or Roxio, if you have it) just to see what will happen.

Oh and thanks for the tip on locating the "random" option. I found it, but also noticed that you can't go back as you mentioned! ha
No problem. :thmsup:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That must be a navigation-only function. My brother's Pilot, with Navigation, has the same thing.

Hmmmm... interesting. What do you use to create and burn? Try using Windows Media Player (or Roxio, if you have it) just to see what will happen.

No problem. :thmsup:
And i think even without Navigation you may be able to see the temporary screen you mentioned in my other post. Just tap the source button on your steering wheel and when it goes to either iPod or CD (MP3 CD in our case) it will show you that what is next screen for like 5-10 seconds. :banana:

I normally use Power2Go, but I used Windows Media Player this time and.....it still didn't work! lol. I think I may give up soon :dunno:

Attachments

·
Chocolate Lady
269 Posts
Ahh well... you tried.

Btw, my iMid definitely does not show that subscreen.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
not even after switching sources? geewilickers!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts