Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm in the midst of purchasing a 2015 Honda Accord Touring from a Canadian seller. I'm planning to tow the vehicle across the border. This has a 2.4 liter 4-cylinder engine that's only offered on 2015 Canadian Touring models. All 2015 US touring models only have a V-6.

I need to replace the instrument cluster from KPH to MPH to comply with US vehicle importing requirements, however a local Honda dealer is telling me they can't order a replacement cluster for a Non-US Honda Accord.

Can a MPH instrument cluster be installed and function properly in this vehicle ?

If so, where can I buy a replacement cluster ?

Does the new MPH cluster require programming that can only be done at a Honda dealer ?

As a potential alternative, I found an import company who quoted me $200 for a replacement cluster and $250 for installation labor. They have a sister company who makes clusters. Would you have any concerns with this approach ?

Eric

· Honda Enthusiast
I drive a BMW now. 🇩🇪
3,835 Posts
I need to replace the instrument cluster from KPH to MPH to comply with US vehicle importing requirements
You do not need to replace the gauge cluster to import the car. Further the Canadian cluster has MPH in small numbers on the speedometer anyway.

· Registered
4 Posts
I am trying to do the same but the opposite. I have a US Spec 2013 EX and changing the cluster to KPH from MPH. All you need is an MPH cluster which you can buy easily off eBay. Remove the old one and put the new one. There is no need of programming, its a plug and play

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.