Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a chance that I might be able to score a deal on a Accord Hybrid EX-L in White Orchid Pearl. What are some ways to improve the look of that car without going overboard?

I'm a middle-aged guy. Don't want fancy wheels or to lower the car. But I have seen some white Accords here that look pretty cool. A poster named Alex185 has one:

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=152417

Wrap the roof? I'm familiar with vehicle wraps for advertising. But did he or others simply wrap the roof with black wrap instead of painting it black?

Maybe tint the windows?

Just a few tweaks to give the overall vehicle a little added flair without screaming that I'm 19 years old and ready to race! :D

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Paint the roof gloss black,
Tint the windows,

Spacers on the rear wheels to push them out a tad so it sits flush with the body instead of so far in (at least on the coupe it does) Not sure on sedan and hybrid
Lower on HFP (honda factory performance) suspension (if it works for sedan hybrid). Doesnt slam the car, just gets rid of the excess wheel gap.

and maybe debadge the rear.

thats all i would do.

·
Registered
164 Posts
tint the windows, add the oem body kit, and perhaps get some wheels for it although i know you don't want to but it changes the look of the car, Im planning to get the tsw nuwburgrings on my touring in the summer. Ive seen people wrap the roof and it looks amazing especially with white cars.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Ha. I feel special :D

I got mine wrapped simply because its a lease, if you can I would definitely recommend painting it gloss black.

As for more, I would just lower the car, add some spacers, tints, black out the trim like I did if you like that. And if you can afford more, go with Vossens CV5. They look amazing on the car when they are not tucking inside the fender. Also, PLEASE! don't add the OEM trim thing, its so ugly!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got any more pics than the ones you shared in the thread I linked above?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Tint the windows. The end.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Here's mine with the following:

I was debating wrapping the roof I'm still undecided. I loved the look of my C350 with the pano roof and is probable one of the things that I dislike going back to a regular sunroof was a little weird. I agree that a subtle drop and wheels will change the look of the car drastically.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1306010&postcount=245

23% Tint all around
OEM Aerokit
Rear Decklid Spoiler
Illuminated Door Sills
Changed all the lights to LEDs

·
Registered
177 Posts
There's a chance that I might be able to score a deal on a Accord Hybrid EX-L in White Orchid Pearl. What are some ways to improve the look of that car without going overboard?
I'm trying out some different things with my white accord. Haven't done anything permanent yet. Here's some pics of mine from stock til now. Might help you decide. :thmsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
Don't worry. Didn't stop there.

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I like the roof wrap. Also looks like it's simple and cheap - about what, $50 - $100 for materials. Looks like I could install it myself with some patience.

Any downsides to the roof wrap?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I know you said you weren't interested in the wheels or lowering, but this one has me all hot and bothered with significant changes, that actually flow very well together, without coming across as going overboard:

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=153257

Oh! Splash me with some water now! :lmao:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm not hating or anything like that but if the car doesn't come with black roof (panorama sunroof) why you guys needs to put it black? :dunno:

I think it looks guetto ass hell but, whatever floats your boat dude!

·
Registered
417 Posts
I think I like the roof wrap. Also looks like it's simple and cheap - about what, $50 - $100 for materials. Looks like I could install it myself with some patience.

Any downsides to the roof wrap?
I don't have any more pics because, I pulled the black window trim off (I plasti-dipped it bad).
As for vinyl, you might pull it off idk. Just do it with 2 people, alone it impossible. I got mine done for $100, if you live in LA you can visit them.

There is absolutely no downside to wrap, although keep in mind that it looks nothing close to a paint, it looks like a paint job with REALLY bad orange peel.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Tint the windows. The end.
This ^.

Also, you do realize that using the EPA guidelines of $3.50 per gallon and 15k miles a year, it will be 5.7 years before the hybrid you are considering reaches the break-even point with a non-hybrid 4-cylinder CVT Accord?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts