Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i brought this up before on an acura forum to get acura drivers opinions (surprisingly a few were in my position - see below), and once here but in a different context. i assume some of you have had an acura tsx at one point and might have even traded it in to get your new accords.

the way the market is now, i can buy a used tsx under 25 miles for around 23k for a 2011 tsx. that is just one example but the point is a 2-3 yr old tsx is now in the affordable range for me which now pits it against the new accords.

i bounced from coupe, to sedan, to now a coupe again (sport sedan simply doesn't have the extra features i want, but the coupe ex which isn't far from sport $ does, and not having any kids it would make more sense).

anyway... the acura tsx is dated on tech, but that isn't too important as it still has that high end feel, a ton of features with better sound, moon roof, HID's, smaller build, leather, and the last part: more hp

tl;dr: how does the 2nd gen acura tsx acceleration and over all driving experience compare to the i4 accord coupe (or even sedan). i basically want a more fun car to drive without going to a v6 because i cannot afford a fully loaded accord at this point.

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
I was stuck between a 9th Gen Accord Sedan or 11'+ TSX Wagon. The accord drives smoother/quieter, gets better MPG, cheaper insurance, larger interior front and back, backup camera and more updated styling inside and out. The TSX tech package has a better sound system, comes loaded with standard features like HIDs, has a wagon option (that looks great IMO) and a set of "A" badges if that means something to you. Both accelerate about the same and handling is about the same too... so performance is a wash unless you want a manual.
My wife convinced me that the more economical choice is the Accord, but I do think the TSX wagon is a gorgeous car. The TSX line looks very dated inside and out to me these days. I think it also has the ugliest beak of all the Acura's. Both are well made Honda's that will last for years and hold their value well while doing so though... so you cant lose either way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts