Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
14 CBP SPRT ( . Y . )
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone....new accord owner and new to the site.
tried to locate some performance threads and didnt see too many.
i am looking to increase the HP to something around 200-210
from being a previous civic owner years ago, things like intake and chips were big. any advice for a 14 accord??
what a great car ....got the black sport, tinted the windows...sick ride!!!
happy holidays!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Rv6 down pipe, Takeda or Injen intake, and maybe freer muffler. It will be hard to reach 200hp. The combo that I mentioned will supposedly give about 185 whp. There are no chip mods that I know of.

·
Registered
36 Posts
thanks for the info...the accord has 185hp already no?
Thatsabigone was referring to horsepower at the wheels. Honda's rating is horsepower at the crank (before the power is lost thru the drivetrain, etc). It'd be interesting to know what the stock 4 cyl accord gets at the wheels for comparison though.

·
been around the block
823 Posts
hi everyone....new accord owner and new to the site.
tried to locate some performance threads and didnt see too many.
i am looking to increase the HP to something around 200-210
from being a previous civic owner years ago, things like intake and chips were big. any advice for a 14 accord??
what a great car ....got the black sport, tinted the windows...sick ride!!!
happy holidays!
Congrats on the new Acc! if you're truly after some serious guaranteed HP just throw on a Supercharger. All these other dinky do bolt-ons do nothing

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thatsabigone was referring to horsepower at the wheels. Honda's rating is horsepower at the crank (before the power is lost thru the drivetrain, etc). It'd be interesting to know what the stock 4 cyl accord gets at the wheels for comparison though.
If Hp at that the wheels then your looking somewhere around or about 145Hp

·
14 CBP SPRT ( . Y . )
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
appreciate the info......i am sure these upgrades/mods would take away from the econ part of the engine? not that it matters

·
Registered
68 Posts
appreciate the info......i am sure these upgrades/mods would take away from the econ part of the engine? not that it matters
Actually, adding more power output doesn't always negatively impact the mileage. By doing flow mods like an intake and exhaust you're letting the car breath easier at all times, not just when you have your foot down looking for maximum power. So even when your just cruising down the highway, the engine is losing less power from the stock intake and exhaust restrictions. It's not a huge gain, but it helps. We don't have the 2014s listed on our site yet, but the parts from the 2013 will still work. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions on parts.

http://www.proimporttuners.com/parts/2013-honda/accord-parts.html

·
Basque Red Fury
1,046 Posts
See TOV dyno results.. I4 6MT dyno results were over 175 whp. Assuming 15% drive loss that's already 200 hp at the crank.

·
Registered
602 Posts
thanks import tuners..i will check out your site.
yes chaidell, its the 6mt
Cool, I have the exact same car. In a perfect world, the sport should have come with a tuned engine, with an 8000 redline.

·
14 CBP SPRT ( . Y . )
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
definitely agree that the sport should have some upgrades to the engine. oh well, time to have fun and play with some new parts!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Buy the V6. Problem solved

·
Registered
243 Posts
If Hp at that the wheels then your looking somewhere around or about 145Hp
The sport CVT has 161.85 at the wheels.

http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-article?article_id=1109224

·
6MT JUNKIE
719 Posts

My dynos are around here somewhere stock pulls, intake, rv6 etc etc

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think in the RV6 thread I remember reading where someone dynoed a bone stock accord before and after the RV6 pipe and intake was added I think they also had aftermarket exhaust to get to the honda claim whp of 185 it's a big thread so check it out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts