Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Does anyone have any experience with self-contained/powered subs, i.e. - Infinity Basslink?
I've been searching the forums, and have seen a lot of posts about adding aftermarket subs, but I can't afford to sacrifice a lot of trunk space in my 2013 EX-L coupe.
I found a great deal on a Basslink sub ($75 used). I've only seen 1 post referencing it, but i was hoping someone else out here in the "internets" has some experience with these type of subs.
I saw a posting about installing an Alpine type-R sub in an infinite baffle application. I like the idea behind that, but that sub isn't designed to be IB or "free-air." Any help would be appreciated.
Yes, i know there are quite a few sub/audio posts, but they usually trail off into speaker posts, and I haven't seen a lot of talk about applications that are close to factory set-up or that use powered subs.
Thanks in advance for not flaming the new guy.:notworthy

·
Registered
462 Posts
I gave used them in the past. Not a bad little sub. If you are looking for a little more low end then that is the ticket. If you really want to rattle the windows then you may want to look at a sub in a bigger box.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. That was the post i found yesterday that initially piqued my interest in the basslink. I was leaning toward a sound ordnance unit.

I have it. Well Basslink II. It does the job and I still have most of my trunk.
I believe you posted in the aforementioned thread that your basslink was mounted down by the trunk lid in your accord, right? Have you noticed any issues w/ placement affecting sound? I would like to have the availability of still dropping my backseat so i can fit my bike in it.:)

·
Super Moderator
3,473 Posts
I have it up against the back of the seat. It's about 4 inches in the way with the seat down. I could turn it side ways but the controls wouldn't be where I want them unless I move it to the passenger side of the trunk.

My only beef with the sound is that it sounds much better if I pop the trunk. Opening the pass-through helps with sound.

·
Registered
924 Posts
i have the basslink II as well. sounds great for filling out the sound but wont give you the ridiculous car rattling youll find with full subs and amp combo. mine is sitting or the driver side of the trunk and i still have plenty of trunk space and can still fold the rear seat down to use the pass thru.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Seems by the various reviews on the basslink that there are some quality issues with them, but when they work, most folks like them.

I'd be a bit leery of getting a used one, but a new one w/ extended warranty would seem like a good choice.

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
They sounds great for the price but I would not suggest owning one unless you are prepared to replace it every year or two. I have owned two and have spoken to hundreds of other people on audio forums who have had the same issue. After one year they all seem to fail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts