Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had the privilege of working with Injen Technology on tooling their cold air intake for the 2013 3.5L V6. My San Marino Red 6MT went down to their facility for a couple of weeks of dyno runs and fabrication. Though I am still waiting on the dyno sheet, the results are pretty impressive.

Stock run on 89 octane: ~242 HP to the front wheels
Run after intake on 89 octane: ~250 HP to the front wheels

Actual numbers from Injen are +7.64 HP and +6.84 TQ. The intake will start shipping within the next two weeks and will be available in polished and black. Check out the pictures below for a sneak peak. The filter features their hydra-shield.

I will gladly post up sound clips for anyone interested as soon as my car is back together. She's undergoing cosmetic surgery right now for some new mods. :)

For anyone who hasn't had an Injen intake before, I would highly recommend them. I have them on all of my cars and they provide a nice throaty sound, increased fuel economy and, of course, more horsepower and torque.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Nice! I was looking to take my sedan down here. Hopefully there is no need now. This should fit Auto too correct?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! I was looking to take my sedan down here. Hopefully there is no need now. This should fit Auto too correct?
Yes, I believe it should fit all of the new 3.5Ls.

For those wondering about the older gens parts, this was an all new design. So the 8th gen CAI will not work.

·
Registered
184 Posts
What are the risk of water getting in the engine if I live in rainy city like seattle?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
curious why they chose 89 octane over 87.
They use a higher octane to prevent the possibility of spark knock. If the sensors detect spark knock/premature detonation, the ignition timing is retarded enough to prevent it.

Short story= Retarded timing equals less gross HP.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are the risk of water getting in the engine if I live in rainy city like seattle?
I would definitely suggest getting a hydra-shield to help protect it. To my knowledge, as long as the filter is not submerged in water, it should not cause any problems. So obviously, avoid large puddles or flooded streets. :) I have driven in severely rainy weather and never had an issue.

They use a higher octane to prevent the possibility of spark knock. If the sensors detect spark knock/premature detonation, the ignition timing is retarded enough to prevent it.

Short story= Retarded timing equals less gross HP.
While this is true, I just had 89 octane in the car. Been running it since day 1, even though it is perfectly fine on 87. I imagine the HP and TQ numbers would only slightly differ based on the octane rating of the fuel.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Any info. regarding a 4 banger version?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any info. regarding a 4 banger version?
I don't have any information about that yet. They may still be looking for a car to use for tooling. I'm sure it's on their radar though.

·
<--Lorie
231 Posts
what about us i4 riders =( ????

·
Banned
6,560 Posts
Very nice! I had Injen intakes in the past. Top notch stuff. Can't wait for for one for our 4 cylinders.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nice. Seen this on Injen's Facebook page and was wondering if the car they used was on the forums or not.

·
matt
335 Posts
i hope the 4cyl one comes out soon too!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Would a CAI void the manufacture's warranty?
My husband owns a customizing shop and he gets this question all the time. Basically, they have to prove that the part or parts that you put on your car affected the vehicle in some negative way. In the years I have been adding aftermarket parts to my vehicles, I have never had a dealership refuse to work on my car or refuse to honor a warranty because of the customizations I have made. This includes a 2006 Civic SI with exhaust, intake, power programmer, etc.

It really depends on the dealership, but like I said, they have to have proof. Under normal driving conditions, the CAI should not ever be a problem with the manufacturer.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Would a CAI void the manufacture's warranty?
It depends on the service department also. I've never had an issue with intakes on exhaust on my TDI, Mazdaspeed 3 or WRX. I would talk to the service manager of your local dealer and see how they feel about aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
419 Posts
My husband owns a customizing shop and he gets this question all the time. Basically, they have to prove that the part or parts that you put on your car affected the vehicle in some negative way. In the years I have been adding aftermarket parts to my vehicles, I have never had a dealership refuse to work on my car or refuse to honor a warranty because of the customizations I have made. This includes a 2006 Civic SI with exhaust, intake, power programmer, etc.

It really depends on the dealership, but like I said, they have to have proof. Under normal driving conditions, the CAI should not ever be a problem with the manufacturer.
It depends on the service department also. I've never had an issue with intakes on exhaust on my TDI, Mazdaspeed 3 or WRX. I would talk to the service manager of your local dealer and see how they feel about aftermarket parts.
It should have nothing to do with the dealerships. Ryry....google Magnusun Law....or something like that.

It basically states that is the part that is on your car has to cause the issue that you are trying to get warranty work done. Say you go in cause your shock is blown and you have and aftermarket intake. They cannot deny the work on the suspension.

Now if you have aftermarket coilovers and you have an issue with the suspension then the dealership will deny the warranty work.

·
Registered
635 Posts
It should have nothing to do with the dealerships. Ryry....google Magnusun Law....or something like that.

It basically states that is the part that is on your car has to cause the issue that you are trying to get warranty work done. Say you go in cause your shock is blown and you have and aftermarket intake. They cannot deny the work on the suspension.

Now if you have aftermarket coilovers and you have an issue with the suspension then the dealership will deny the warranty work.
This is true. But I would still get a feel for the service department.....

·
Registered
5,405 Posts

Yes but what about some internal engine component that can be associated with some engine mod even if the mod did not fail? The M-M act of congress is great but few of us have deep enough pockets to go toe to toe with Honda if they deny a claim even if we think they have no proof that a mod caused the failure.

Having said that, I mod every car I own that is not a lease and I don't worry about such things. This intake looks great as do the numbers. I had an intake on my 300C which was excellent but I had to remove the obnoxious exhaust that I installed.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts