197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I prefer short ram for the flood rains here. I would hate to have a cold air and drive through a road and have my intake auck water in engine.
exactly ^^

short ram does have a slight throatier sound, and costs less

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Backwards, true cai's def have a better sound then short rams...and way less heat soak.

Usually a short ram intake would be louder, since the pipe is shorter in length and closer to the throttle body. A cold air intake isn't much quieter, but might sound a little less deep due to the air traveling a farther distance in the pipe and the pipe almost acting as a resonator.

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I heard the new injen intakes have annoying resonance at around 4500 rpm. Any that currently have this installed find a similar problem? Anyone recommend waiting for the K&N?
absolutely not true. the only time you hear the thing at all is when you hammer down on the gas, and even better, when VTEC kicks in after 5K RPM. you will not regret buying this. trust me

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.