Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 Accord V6 Coupe
I have 14 days to return this Injen intake i just received. I bought it with the intensions of using it as a SRI because everyone said they can be converted from CAI to SRI. I dont see how this intake i have can be a SRI. This is the exact one i just got http://www.ebay.com/itm/IN-STOCK-IN...2008|Model:Accord&hash=item43c30fbde3&vxp=mtr

Is this a different style injen intake that cant be converted?

If this intake is only cold air i need to return it ASAP.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
If you go to the Injen site, pick the 4 cyl. accord, and view the install pdf, it says in bold on the first page, 'This system converts into a short ram'. That statement is not in the install pdf for the V6 intake, so I'd say pack it up if you must have the SRI option.

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,003 Posts
This is not designed to be convertible into a SRI.

The primary tube (long tube in the pic next to the filter) connects to your throttle body and runs down into the wheel well/front bumper area. It's that long.

If you want to make a SRI out of this, you'll need to cut the primary tube in half and then put the cone filter on at the end of the shortened primary tube.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so i guess the injen intake that works as CAI and SRI is only for the 4 cylinder.. shit

Anyone know if these intakes are suppose to throw a CEL on these 8th gens?

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
Supposedly some of the no name ebay specials do. Otherwise unlikely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts