Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
6th Gear
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Searched through the inspire fog threads, and with so many opinions out there and the mention of corrosion and fitment problems, which of these would you go with for high-quality Inspire fogs?

I have several choices open to me for the Inspire fog kits:

a) eBay inspires (seller nywirelesswarehouse)
b) the kit from jdmautolights.com
c) 03-07 Accord sedan Inspire JDM K11 Clear, on Amazon (link
)
d) 06-07 Accord sedan Inspire JDM Japan-style full kit, on Amazon (link
)

I'm not sure which of these four kits to get, but thinking about choosing (d). The Japan style fogs are longer, deeper, slightly heavier, and require some retrofitting, but do these give more light output?

Planning to get Nokya Super White bulbs. Will these melt the housing at their higher temperatures?

I'm having a professional body shop do the full install. :thmsup:

I like ThaiPhoon's setup in his inspire fog thread. If this was your next mod, which would you go with?

·
Roll Tide!
6,795 Posts
If those were my concerns, I'd get the real inspire lights, keep my usdm lights, or go without.

Don't they all require retrofitting to mount them?

Bulbs melting the housing? Assume you mean higher wattage than the oem bulps and not the color temperature.

·
'03 E39 Sport - 5 Spd
1,060 Posts
I used HID's in mine and they were perfectly fine.

I haven't seen any reps that are decent quality, they are all made out of cheap plastic as far as I know.

·
6th Gear
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JimiJam, you are correct. I see Boomplustoys has the real inspires for $350 a pair. A bit too expensive for me, so I might need to settle for one of the four replica options I mentioned. Which is the best replica fog set in your opinion in terms of light output and quality if installed by a professional?

I'm a newbie when it comes to bulbs too. Sorry about that. I guess I need to read up more. :wave:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Let me make it easy for you...

All those fog lights are made by the same company.

Personally I'd go with nywirelesswarehouse. They're located in NY and ship same day so you'll have them in a day or 2.

They are worth the $75 IMO. I have them on my car. Although the lenses are plastic, they are high quality and I haven't had any issues daily driving with them on a 50 mile commute.

The light output is really good too.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Personally I'd go with nywirelesswarehouse. They're located in NY and ship same day so you'll have them in a day or 2.
I just checked them out on ebay and I don't see how those would fit our car it looks like a 6th gen headlight. but then again I'm a newb and I can't speak with 100% confidence

·
Roll Tide!
6,795 Posts
They're the Honda Inspire OEM fog lights
The pic you linked may be OEM Inspire Fogs, but the $75 lights from mywirelesswarehouse on eBay are NOT OEM. They are likely made by the same "OEM approved manufacturer" as all the other knock-offs on eBay, Amazon, and elsewhere. I believe there are a few that are selling these for around $65, so if buying knock-offs, you may as well save a few bucks on the same exact pair of lights.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes I understand that... the person above me said that they don't look like they fit so I was showing him that they are in fact for our cars.

And to be honest, I would spend the extra $10 for the customer service of nywirelesswarehouse alone. They are a top notch company who have gone above and beyond to help me. They have over 1100 feedback with 100% rating. That's nothing to sleep on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts