Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Reverse
247 Posts
We're working backwards from each other LOL
My "Stephen83" JDM replica lip. I gotta take better pics, a reflection makes it look higher on the far corner. Hey did the Ebay seller send you that already painted? Ad I last saw says you get a black or gray, no choice.

· Reverse
247 Posts
I don't care about a red label, foam tape or replacement connectors. I'd rather save almost $200.

· Reverse
247 Posts
FINALLY! And what a pain in the ass. Took me about 4 hours, and I haven't even started any wiring. I must have went through about 15 Dremel cut-off wheels. LOL

Like when I installed the TSX sway bar alone, the first time is hard figuring it out but if I ever have to do this again, it will be easy.

· Reverse
247 Posts
I'm going to buy another Honda socket like the one that came on the driver's side of the garnish. I carefully Dremelled the other side to mimick the socket hole (a big circle and four odd grooves). Looks sloppy but the socket does fit tight, most importantly placing the socket straight up and down like the factory hole. I figured the mirror inside was designed for the bulb's filament to be vertical, so I better keep the passenger side that way too or else one side might appear brighter or dimmer from the rear.

As far as wiring, I'm just going to run wires to the license plate light. I want the garnish to light up dim and match the brightness of the tail lights. I don't want them to get brighter with the brakes. I don't want to search for factory harnesses, I just want factory sockets.

Yes there was a slight gap at the top middle of the garnish. It shows up more on our lighter colored cars. I went back to several threads and its common but something you don't notice (unless its pointed out to you or its your car...) If you look at pics of real Inspires, they have a very slight gap. Search Ebay for "Inspire Emblem" and many sellers have pics of the backs of Inspires and you'll see the gap. That was clever of you to put a chrome strip there to hide it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.