Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Registered
410 Posts
I like to add mine to the list, it was a tough long day to install the trunk and to get them fitted the right way. But overall I like the outcome, from the back doesnt look like an Accord that was the comment I get at work. Just waiting for the INSPIRE emblem on the way.

Attachments

· Registered
545 Posts
^ looks good Inspire08!!

· Reverse
247 Posts
FINALLY! And what a pain in the ass. Took me about 4 hours, and I haven't even started any wiring. I must have went through about 15 Dremel cut-off wheels. LOL

Like when I installed the TSX sway bar alone, the first time is hard figuring it out but if I ever have to do this again, it will be easy.

· Registered
919 Posts
Looking good Pirate! Congrats on having both Inspire decklid spoiler and trunk+lights!

· Registered
31 Posts
Just to share my ride........cheers!

· Registered
410 Posts
15 cutoff wheels wow, Ive used 2 but bought a heavier disc for metal not the brown disc. Looks great>>>

So may I ask how many of us Accord Sedan owners that have or converted to INSPIRE TRUNK GARNISH here in US or West side?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda Mid-size car
Hey Pirate I guess you have some clearance/gap above the license plate which from the Inspire trunk and trunk itself. What I ended up doing is put some leftover Chrome strip from my front grill to the trunk to cover the small gap. See Pics

Attachments

· Reverse
247 Posts
I'm going to buy another Honda socket like the one that came on the driver's side of the garnish. I carefully Dremelled the other side to mimick the socket hole (a big circle and four odd grooves). Looks sloppy but the socket does fit tight, most importantly placing the socket straight up and down like the factory hole. I figured the mirror inside was designed for the bulb's filament to be vertical, so I better keep the passenger side that way too or else one side might appear brighter or dimmer from the rear.

As far as wiring, I'm just going to run wires to the license plate light. I want the garnish to light up dim and match the brightness of the tail lights. I don't want them to get brighter with the brakes. I don't want to search for factory harnesses, I just want factory sockets.

Yes there was a slight gap at the top middle of the garnish. It shows up more on our lighter colored cars. I went back to several threads and its common but something you don't notice (unless its pointed out to you or its your car...) If you look at pics of real Inspires, they have a very slight gap. Search Ebay for "Inspire Emblem" and many sellers have pics of the backs of Inspires and you'll see the gap. That was clever of you to put a chrome strip there to hide it.

· Registered
919 Posts
I also like the thin chrome in the gap although I don't think it will look as good on a PMM... any thoughts? I have a gap too and mine is an original JDM part.

· Registered
410 Posts
Original or ebay trunk will have the gap>> I guess. I almost drill or make a small hole cutout for the tabs so it will be flush but instead I ended up putiing the chrome strip to hide the gap clearance.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.