Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Tried it, but there is no "sign into network" option after tapping on network icons. Just:
System Status
- Phone's Battery Power Level
- Signal Strength for "My" Phone
- (Referring to bluetooth)"My" Phone is connected
- (Referring to wifi) Connected to "My" Phone

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Idk, I just tried it again. The car had been off for over an hour, pressed the "Engine Start/Stop" button twice, and nothing. Turned it off again, counted to 15 (1-1000, 2-1000, 3-1000, etc.), and pres the "Engine Start/Stop" button twice, and again, nothing. :\
What trim do you have? I have the EX. I noticed that you have "Navi" at the top left. Maybe your system/trim has functions that your coincidentally able to exploit?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I suppose it could be trim related. I have the Touring. I don't see this documented anywhere so it could very well be something they left in by mistake. I hope they don't "fix" it. lol

You say its connected to your phone, but are you using a personal wifi hotspot? I'm on AT&T and that works, but I initially found this through my home wifi. Maybe try setting up a wifi connection to your home or other hotspot.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Had to go to Honda dealership for initial service and asked then if there was any way to disable the "driver attention" restrictions. The guy was pretty cool and Im confident that had he known, he would have told me. But he didn't :( I did find it amusing that even he was anxious to know how and asked me to come back to tell him if I ever figure it out.
But please make sure to post any findings regarding disabling the "Driver Attention" restrictions.

To open the Developer options and the USB debugging menu, you have to find the build number and press it multiple times like on a standard Android device.

I also saw a legal agreement, Cant remember where (see edit) maybe in the Diagnostic menu (Vol+Source and Home for 2-3s ) that asked permission to allow the install other stuff. It was one of those legal agreement type things. I didn't look into it to much because I am not looking to install anything at this time.

Edit: Go to: System, Security, then Unknown Sources.
How did you figure out the 3-finger salute? I've been trying all sorts of variations, and I'm just not having any luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Varxtis, What infotainment system do you have, 7" or 8"? These should be done via the controls on the display unit, Vol+Source and Home.

To address the browsing, I think you are confusing connecting your phone to the car with --- connecting your car to your phone as an access point. If you look at the how to update the infotainment system it shows how to connect the system to a WiFi source, which is needed for browsing. 2018 Honda Accord-Sedan | Honda Owners Site

owners.honda.com/vehicles/information/2018/Accord-Sedan/features/System-Updates

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I would have to say 7", but Ill have to measure in the morning or when my wife gets back from work tomorrow.
Ya, I definitely understood the difference. And believe me, the first thing I did was went right to updating. There's still apparently no new updates.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I can’t find the browser either ? I have a 2.0 Sport with SiriusXM which I believe it’s the 8 inch screen. Where do you guys see the version? My Kernel version is 3.4.108 creates in Aug 21 2017. I have the car connected to my home Wi-Fi as well have tried the hotspot from my phone. Does anyone know what split mode means ? When I was in the diagnosis menu/Detail information & settings/unit check/ remote tuner ... I see a blend mode (Auto) and Split mode (Off) Thank you

·
Registered
32 Posts
I can find the browser in the list of apps but I can't find a way to use it on the non-navigation equipped (touring level) 8" display.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Developer settings can be unlocked by going to the standard, not hidden, settings, about, and tapping the build version 7 times. In other models this requires a "passcord" entry but isn't necessary on ours. At least it isn't in my 1.5 Sport

·
Banned
115 Posts
Anybody been able to root this device? I'm trying to folkow the instructions in xda developers but it is for a civig and we are missing buttons.

Found this in XDA. Havent seen anything about the Accord yet but there is a lot of replies in there. I would like to have my phone over bluetooth and the music player and maps directlu in the head unit rather than connecting the phone and having it kill tbe battery with all the connects, disconnects from short trips.

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3487644

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Installing Apps to Infotainment

I've got the 2018 1.5 sport. In the infotainment (HondaLink) screen, I've got a button that will allow me to import APKs VIA a USB drive. I've seen on youtube were folks have installed apps, such as waze, google chrome, etc on other model Hondas. I was wondering if anyone here has tried to install an APK such as these on the Gen 10 Accord, if it's even safe to do.
(This link to the video was here, but the forum rules made me delete it for some reason....)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Watching interested. Want Waze on my infotainment center

·
Banned
115 Posts
What's the purpose of knowing the manufacturer and sharing these pictures? There's no context in your post.
Someone asked who manufactures the head unit, most of these hacks are manufacturer specific.

The pics are to show where the head unit is if someone feels like hacking at it and to show that what most thought was a tablet, is just a screen with buttons and a touchscren sensor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 49 Posts