Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Someone asked who manufactures the head unit, most of these hacks are manufacturer specific.

The pics are to show where the head unit is if someone feels like hacking at it and to show that what most thought was a tablet, is just a screen with buttons and a touchscren sensor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the context, makes sense now

·
2018 2.0 Touring RRM
77 Posts
Developer options are available. Drill down into the settings/system menus to "build number". Tap it seven times, just like any other Android device.

I had turned on developer options on my Touring. I turned them off with the soft switch on one of the menus. The system defaulted to one minute screen timeouts. Only the hardware Back button would re-activate the screen. There is no setting in Honda's customized version of Android to set screen timeouts, so I had to do a system reset to get the display to work again for more than one minute without touching it.

·
2018 2.0 Touring RRM
77 Posts
I've got the 2018 1.5 sport. In the infotainment (HondaLink) screen, I've got a button that will allow me to import APKs VIA a USB drive. I've seen on youtube were folks have installed apps, such as waze, google chrome, etc on other model Hondas. I was wondering if anyone here has tried to install an APK such as these on the Gen 10 Accord, if it's even safe to do.
Please give it a try and let us know how it works out. Even if the app doesn't work, a reset will get the system back like new.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Developer options are available. Drill down into the settings/system menus to "build number". Tap it seven times, just like any other Android device.

I had turned on developer options on my Touring. I turned them off with the soft switch on one of the menus. The system defaulted to one minute screen timeouts. Only the hardware Back button would re-activate the screen. There is no setting in Honda's customized version of Android to set screen timeouts, so I had to do a system reset to get the display to work again for more than one minute without touching it.
Honda now has an official TSB to deal with users that get into developer mode and the screen blanks constantly.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Mr. Cool
25 Posts
Bernardiparts.com

AUDIO UNIT, DISPLAY (REWRITABLE) (PANASONIC)

Part Number: 39540-TVA-A32

·
Registered
42 Posts

Honda now has an official TSB to deal with users that get into developer mode and the screen blanks constantly.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts

The screen timeouts happened when you toggled Developer Options off after enabling them. This automatically toggles the Stay Awake to off (3rd option down in the Developer Options menu). Just toggle that back on and the black screens won't happen.

I also documented the restart procedure for these head units on post #17 of this thread:

https://www.driveaccord.net/#/topics/538673?page=2

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was wondering if the install button was greyed out by the system given the package developer name of the specific APK. Honda apps on my 2019 Pilot for example, have the APK package name as com.honda.clarion or something of that sort, with Clarion being the panufactuerer of the headunit.

Perhaps someone could experiment with altering a package name for an app lik YouTube or Waze so its not flagged and blocked by the system? Perhaps there is some blacklist of certain apps that appear to be third party? Just a hunch.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts