Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I put a Viper 5501 remote start in the 2013 accord yesterday. I used the "key in the box" solution for the bypass. Its the DEI 655U bypass unit.

Everything went great, very straight forward install if you do NOT have the push to start option. (V6 only?)

If anyone needs any information on this, let me know. Sorry, I didnt take any pictures or write up a tutorial, but could certainly help anyone out trying to do this on their own.

The total cost was about $160. The Viper 5501 can be found refurbed on ebay for about $150, perhaps less, the bypass is only $10-$20. I've used about 40 or so of the refurb units, never a single failure. The always have brand new remotes and the units themselves always look new. Wiring is also always new and uncut. I'm guessing that they are simply returns most of the time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all,

I put a Viper 5501 remote start in the 2013 accord yesterday. I used the "key in the box" solution for the bypass. Its the DEI 655U bypass unit.

Everything went great, very straight forward install if you do NOT have the push to start option. (V6 only?)

If anyone needs any information on this, let me know. Sorry, I didnt take any pictures or write up a tutorial, but could certainly help anyone out trying to do this on their own.

The total cost was about $160. The Viper 5501 can be found refurbed on ebay for about $150, perhaps less, the bypass is only $10-$20. I've used about 40 or so of the refurb units, never a single failure. The always have brand new remotes and the units themselves always look new. Wiring is also always new and uncut. I'm guessing that they are simply returns most of the time.
Any chance you have the wire diagram/colors for your accord? I'm going to attempt one in the next month or so. Also, did you just tap the door unlock/lock with a negative pulse or actually use the xpressxkit db-all from Directed?

Thanks,

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts