Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed an aux input over the weekend from USA Spec over the weekend. It worked great for the first 10 minutes and then randomly the display showed EJECT, then flashed to CD6-00, and then went back to CD6-01 and started playing my music again.

The more I drove, the more frequent this happened. After 45 minutes, it was happening every minute. I turned the stereo completely off for a bit and the stereo turned itself back on after a minute, showed EJECT, then CD6-00 and then CD601.

The instructions were pretty straight forward on how to install this, any idea what might have gone wrong?

·
2006 I4 MT
1,688 Posts
No need to google, just disconnect the negative battery terminal from under the hood. I had to do this a few times when I first installed my aux unit. It was buggy for the first few weeks. Solid since.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, disconnect the battery entirely. Got it. Okay yes I will try that. Thanks!

Update

I contacted USA Spec and they told me its probably due to a faulty logic and control circuit in the adaptor. A friend actually has a spare unit so I'm going to try that one and hope for the best.

·
Super Moderator
6,624 Posts
Did you pull the negative terminal of the battery DURING the install? You cannot install that unit with battery attached because the plug to the back of the radio is HOT when car is off. I wrote a long review on Amazon regarding all the problems people encountered.

I have been running mine for a whole year with zero issue from day 1.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you pull the negative terminal of the battery DURING the install? You cannot install that unit with battery attached because the plug to the back of the radio is HOT when car is off. I wrote a long review on Amazon regarding all the problems people encountered.

I have been running mine for a whole year with zero issue from day 1.
Hm, no I didn't pull the negative terminal. Thanks for the heads up, I will remember that for next time.

I installed a spare unit that I had and this one works great. I've been using it for two days without a single issue.

·
2006 I4 MT
1,688 Posts
I didn't pull the negative terminal either. I don't think I even bothered to read the instructions because theres only 1 plug. Maybe thats why my blitzsafe acted up when first installed.

·
Super Moderator
6,624 Posts
There is small security light that blinks on the oem stereo unit. That tells you that the big plug in the rear of the unit has power run to it, even when the car is off. There are numerous reports of the unit malfunctioning on Amazon, all because of this. You should always disconnect the battery when installing electronics, other than changing light bulbs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts