Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fails at Internets
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This catback is siiiiick!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought it from Marcus over at HeelToe Auto [heeltoeauto.com]. Go check it out! He was super helpful and cool to me.

This exhaust is made specifically for the '06-07 V6 sedan.

Now I won't lie—it ain't cheap (and it's the nicest piece of metal you'll ever lay eyes on). I can't believe how high the quality it is; I'm sad I didn't take any close-ups of the welds. It's all stainless steel and just beautiful.

Fujitsubo seems like a great company to me, and it's been around a long, long time:

Fujitsubo's spirit is to "produce the highest quality products". This has not changed since Fujitsubo was first established in 1931.
I researched catbacks for a few weeks because I really didn't want to install something that would be loud, obnoxious, droning, raspy, ricey, sounds-like-it-belongs-on-a-civic-covered-in-bondo, etc.

It sounds just barely above stock—when I'm driving, I don't even hear it. Until I step on the peddle a little harder. Which is perfect.

( When I first heard it in the CL7 promo video, I knew I had to have it..... :thmsup: )

The install was easy. Probably a 3 or 4 on a scale of 1-10. Everything is flanged and bolts right up.

The hardest part is probably breaking the nuts loose on the cat. Soak 'em in some PB Blaster and get out the big wrench or a breaker bar.

Here are some crappy iphone videos of a take off and a fly by (the files are kind of large.....let them buffer....sorry. Crank up the volume so you can kind of hear it too):

Video 1
Video 2

And here are some pics during install..... I'm surprised so few have ever heard of this company or reviewed this exhaust......it's dope!

Attachments

·
Carpe Diem
3,159 Posts
Sounds great. The price is pretty high for a catback, although I remember when this exhaust used to cost $1.8k+ and you had to order it from Japan.

·
Fails at Internets
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I love the sound.

When I get the J-pipe on next month I'm hoping it opens up the bass just a touch more..

·
Registered
325 Posts
man this is so sick and just the sound i was looking for. i never heard of this company (newb) and was wondering is a coupe version is available or can be modded to fit a 03 v6 coupe. i like the way the exhaust tips looks as well

·
Fails at Internets
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately there is no coupe version. I can't imagine why that is, other than there must not be enough demand for it in the JDM.

If you look on Tein's site, you'll see there is a TSX version, which is probably closer to the size of the coupe (and significantly cheaper), but I'm no authority on such compatibilities.

If the coupe hangers and everything are the same as the sedan, you could theoretically cut and weld the pipe.

·
Fails at Internets
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. I love the sound.

When I get the J-pipe on next month I'm hoping it opens up the bass just a touch more..
And that it did indeed, Batman. The ATLPv2 J-pipe sounds badass when the car starts really pulling.

·
Fails at Internets
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Doh. That was my friend's server he recently took it down...

Here they are; I can't edit the OP for some reason:

video1
video2

·
Carpe Diem
3,159 Posts
There's a group buy for these over at v6performance.net. They are going for ~$550 shipped if I remember correctly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts