Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
I've been browsing these forums for awhile and reading up on everything and even used on of the DIY HID installation guides for help! I'm new and would just like to introduce myself to this awesome forum! Recently got an '11 accord coupe EX i4 in belize blue, changed from a 04 mazda rx-8(gas mileage was terrible!). Anyways, I ordered HID's from HIDextra (h11, 6000k) on thursday night around 11pm or so and recieved the head lights today(saturday) really quick! Well, installation took awhile, I'm pretty new at this stuff and started with the driver's side first, which took like 2.5 hours, but once I figured out what I needed to do, the passengers side took like 20-30 minutes. The lights seemed to work fine until I took a trip to the grocery store like an hour after installation and I found out the passenger's side light went out and went home to check everything out, unplugged everything, replugged it, still didn't work, reversed the polarity, still didn't work, plugged in the old head lights, still didn't work. Then I figured it was the fuse, used the spare fuse in the fuse box, turned it on and everything was fine. Then I plugged my iphone into the mp3 usb cord and then the right light went out again. Not sure if that was coincidence or what? Went to walmart and got a new fuse, unplugged the iphone, put the new fuse in and everythign is fine again. Probably going to get a relay harness, but jsut wondering if anyone had any other explanations or solutions? Thanks and sorry for the super long post!

·
Vtahk didnt kick in
4,097 Posts
Make sure the polarity is actually correct, and check your ballast connection for correct polarity. It could be a bad ballast which is causing this. I had issues with my previous accord and my HIDs would only run with relays. SO yea get a relay and that should do it, but I would double check the ballast.

Its not rocket science, its either the connections or the ballast.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup, I switched the ballasts and then the driver's side started blowing a fuse. Contacted HIDextra and they're sending me a new ballast... but I ordered relays just to be safe anyways.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts