Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

So i finally got my Coil-over's today and decided to do a Night Install.. But First just want to say Thank Mark, from ThrowdownPerformance... as Usually AAA+ Service

So Sorry but i wasn't able to do a DIY/Photo DIY for this install...

I will have ever do a Video on how to Adjust the Coil-over's this weekend.. or maybe even sooner..

So far i haven't adjusted the height i left them the way they came from Megan..

Here is a Tease Picture i will take some more 2morow, so you guys can See the Factory Megan EZ coil-over Height with 20's on a Coupe..

For the record the front are Slammed like a 2.2 inch drop from Megan, the Rear on the other hand is Super SUPER!!! HIGH.. I fit 3 fingers now.. But i know that the Coil's springs are going to settle..

As far as ride, I have to say it.. WHAT A HUGE DIFFERENCE.. Moving from my Megan Springs (REAR CUT) bouncy the ride is freaking great.. Much better than OEM with rims.. OMG i like jezzy my pants when i went through the bad roads by my house..

My Damping Settings right now is : Front= 8, and the Rear= 9.. I will be readjusting them Saturday but for now OMG is great.. Enjoying the ride while i can..

Official UPDATE 3-weeks!

I have to say i love these Coilover's the ride comfort combined with performance is just out of hand..

These coilover's compared to stock suspension is really about the same if not better when you 3-inch lower than OEM height. Compared to Springs/or Cut Springs, There is a Huge difference in ride performance, ride quality, there is a very noticeable difference in body roll it's almost like there is no body roll on the stiffer settings.

Stop performance has increase due a huge drop in front body roll from stopping. Acceleration is much smoother and for on the ground you feel the car is really hugging the floor as if the car is telling you that's all you got!!

As far as Ride height(DROP). I am lower about 3 inchs in the front tucking half tire no problem at all and i can STILL go EVEN lower but i wouldn't be able to turn the car lol!..

The rear is a little limited but it's still SLAMMED!! I am drop about 2.7-2.9 i really can't be sure but it's really low.. With my 20's i am tucking the Top portion of my Tires.. For me i wish the coilover's would go about Half INCH lower with just adjusting the Sleeve and nothing else, but there is just no-way.. Don't get me wrong some of you guys won't want to be this low unless your just showing/driving slow because it's really LOW!..

Current Damping Settings:

Front: 6

Rear: 8

I have really pushed this Coilover's to the limit to be able to really make this review..

I WILL BE POSTING NEW PICTURES THE ONES ON NOW IS STOCK MEGAN EZ HEIGHT OUT OF BOX.. WITH 20'S

If you have any question just reply or PM me As most of you guys/girl know i am always whiling to HELP!.

]So i decide to post official pictures before i get my Wheels this Friday..

***OFFICIALLY SLAMMED ON STOCKS***

Miami Son.

Attachments

·
Where to start???
341 Posts
Veryyyyyyyy nice. I must get these before winter time. You said the front was slammed? Meaning it can't go any lower?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looking good bro!:thmsup:

I'm sure you must be relieved, you waited a long time for a nice set of coilovers haha.

Hopefully I'll be getting in touch with you soon so we can get to work on my car :D

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Veryyyyyyyy nice. I must get these before winter time. You said the front was slammed? Meaning it can't go any lower?
bETTER GET ON IT..

I mean when you install them directly from Megan without adjusting the height of the Coilover's it really low..

I can Slamm even more but i haven't adjust them yet.. Doing that today

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking good bro!:thmsup:

I'm sure you must be relieved, you waited a long time for a nice set of coilovers haha.

Hopefully I'll be getting in touch with you soon so we can get to work on my car :D
You have no idea.. I love the ride of these Coils.. and for the price you can beat it..

When your ready you know i'm a PM away..

·
Registered
230 Posts
i'm thinking about getting these..... how many inches can you drop your car?
it looks really nice btw... how hard was the install?

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm thinking about getting these..... how many inches can you drop your car?
it looks really nice btw... how hard was the install?
You mean how many feet can you lower your car.. lol..

These Coils can lay your Frame on the ground while still having great quality in ride..

The install is very easy, took me about 2 hours to install them.

·
Registered
535 Posts
finally man congrats you've been wanting coils for awhile

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
finally man congrats you've been wanting coils for awhile
Tell me about Chris, i been dieing here bro.. My whole life i have lived with Coil's and for this car i don't know why i decide to go cheap and get Springs haha.. TOTALL FAIL!! lol.. haha..

I will be posting new picture Tonight or 2morow i am adjusting them Today when i get home.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Congratssss to you! Looks great:thmsup: I currently have the Megan springs set up and they're not bouncy at all. I actual feel they're very comfortable to ride on... But I will replace them with coils when my factory shocks can't do it anymore!

·
In Reverse
662 Posts
Will these be good for Montreal or Toronto? With the amount of snow I guess I can lower in the summer and raise it in the winter? Sounds good I answered my own question hahaah

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Sexy!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Will these be good for Montreal or Toronto? With the amount of snow I guess I can lower in the summer and raise it in the winter? Sounds good I answered my own question hahaah
i was thinking about that till someone told me that the coilovers can get stuck due to the salt...not sure tho...

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^ he is right about the coil's can get stuck by the salt particulars.

Alright guys here are some new pictures.. Turns out that i had to MAX out the rear Coil's to get the lowest drop and it's still not to where i wanted them but the tire is tucking in both the front and rear.. The front i drop about half/to 1/4 of an inch and they can still go lower.. Much lower but i couldn't because i would be able to drive the car..

Damping Setting's: Front= 6, and Rear= 9.. I still have to say the ride is Freaking Great Smooth and VERY comfortable better than OEM and i am SLAMMED!!!

The pictures are in order. I will get more this afternoon..

Attachments

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Just wondering how your making out with the EZ streets? I'm really considering these for the money

1 - 20 of 108 Posts