Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all what I thought would be a tough job was very easy. I installed my roof spoiler in about a minute. The spoiler came from Taiwan and was a painted rubber material to match my car, which is painted well.
It's 85 here today which is hot enough. The hotter the better, not just for the spoiler but for the tape also.
First I took all the tape off the back, laid it flat and blasted it with a hair dryer to get it bendy/hot.
I then dripped a small amount of glue right under the upper channel of the back window and as fast as I could started from left to right as I curved the spoiler and stuck it to the glass. I pressed very hard in each spot after attaching. To make sure it was flush where the window meets the roof, I put some cardboard in the channel as a stop so I would not cover the channel up. I also added 3m vhb ( very high bond ) tape in between the two tape strips that came with it. The strips that were already on there are gray sticky with a red peel off. I assume with was 3m but came from Taiwan so wanted to add more of my vhb for extra strength.
I then taped the top rear of the spolier to the roof in 6 spots to keep it secure while setting. 72 hrs.
Hopefully it holds I'm pretty confident it will. I can add more pics later when there is no shade.

Attachments

·
6 Speed
37 Posts
Looks great man. You done a nice clean job!

·
Registered
280 Posts
How much was the spoiler?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you buy you can purchase vhb tape pieces for about $7 on eBay. The size is 1/2" and you will need about 6 feet. The correct type is the white tape with red lettering NOT the black tape with red cover. Looks like the guy is sold out of 1/2" but this is the seller. You can prob contact him for 6 feet of 1/2".
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=111175162185

·
Ken
315 Posts
Do you have a shot from distance? Maybe a profile shot from the side to show the entire car? I've been contemplating that roof spoiler as well. It's sleek and low profile but I wasn't too sure.

·
Carpe Diem
2,565 Posts
I was actually looking for one of these on ebay yesterday. Yours looks pretty good, I might get that one myself.

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
I'd like to see some different angles of the entire car with it before I pass judgement...

BTW: is that a Raven's "B"?

·
Super Moderator
6,655 Posts
I always think roof spoiler is useless and they get stolen also in a minute by simply tearing it right off. The TL guys have these stolen all day long.

·
Missing my ED7
35 Posts
Nice!
I love the way these look, I have been thinking about getting one, but I don't know if it would look too cluttered with the rear spoiler. I've seen them with the deck lid spoilers, and they still look great, but I don't think I've ever seen one with the full spoiler.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I'm glad I don't drive a TL lol. Yeah I have a deck lid spoiler also and it looks great. I'm not a fan of huge rices out wings and fake air vents. I'll post pics later like I said:)

·
Missing my ED7
35 Posts
Huge rices out spoiler? No I'm talking about the OEM spoiler
(there were two different ones)
So you are a small fan of huges rices and fakes ventses?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
LOL, nice fog job on the pics?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts