Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Well as the titles says just installed the P2R Ported Runners, and the P2R Throttle Body Spacer.

The install process wasn't that hard at all, just need to make sure you have the tools you need.. Two bolts(from the runners) out of the whole install itself are a headache to remove.. Everything else was easy just unbolt and that's it..

After driving the car i can really feel the more aggressive pick-up, The power is through-out every gear. I can tell you that's i can notice more pull from 0-60 car re-act's very nicely.

Item's Bought

(1) P2R PORTED RUNNERS

(1) Thermal Intake Manifold Gasket

(1) P2R Throttle Body Spacer

(2) Thermal Throttle Body Gasket

Total Cost: $544.95 Shipped From www.ThrowdownPerformance.com

The Dyno's Before numbers are also the Numbers for Post UR pulley: < will be posting that separate too so don't worry :)

Base Dyno with Catback
WHP- 211
WTQ-189

Dyno with Underdrive pulley installed and CBE
WHP-220
WTQ-209

Dyno with Pulley and CBE and p2r Intake Runners and TB Spacer installed
WHP-234.6
WTQ-230.2

Here are the Dyno Sheet's :)..

**** First Dyno was done in 3RD gear from 56MPH - 110MPH****
****KEEP in mind the BLUE GRAPH(second), is a straight floor through gears meaning from 30mph-110mpg****

Random Picture

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
you da man :thmsup:

·
youtube.com/justahondaaccord
1,639 Posts
Any chance you snapped some pics of the intake runners before installing them? The picture on throwdown is extra tiny.

·
youtube.com/justahondaaccord
1,639 Posts
Pictures Uploaded!
You are the man, thanks for posting the pics. Without pulling off my engine cover, it looks like it would be a piece of cake to install these. How long did it take you? Were the gaskets included with the intake runner purchase or did you have to buy them separate?

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are the man, thanks for posting the pics. Without pulling off my engine cover, it looks like it would be a piece of cake to install these. How long did it take you? Were the gaskets included with the intake runner purchase or did you have to buy them separate?
No problem man...

Well it took 2 hr 30 mins. The gasket's are not included i bought them separate. :)

The install is very easy just need to take your time. Those Two bolts that i explained in the other forums on the Runner on the passenger side are the ones that will give you a headache..

But everything else is very simple.. :)!!You let me know if you need any help if you buy these and i can walk you through everything.:thmsup:

·
Slammed and Simple
705 Posts
Did you feel more of a difference driving the car from the pulley? or from the ported runners and spacer?

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
Yeah there is just a huge Increase in Tq..

The biggest gain was from the Underdrive Crank Pulley gave 20TQ, and the Ported runners and TSB gave me 20TQ
Thanks Jorge! Those are some sick numbers, especially in torque!!! Gotta post up pics of that blue spacer too!!! :)

·
Car Customizer/Consultant
780 Posts
3rd gear was the beast gear on my 5AT TLS. I'm sure its the same now for Jorge, 40wtq is re dunk cue less from basically two mods.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Very impressive

·
Leased a VW_My life ****s
2,105 Posts
The Ported Intake and the TB seemed to have added a lot. I like that mod. Numbers look good, however, those are stock 6-6 numbers pretty much. Imagine if you had a 6-6 and did these mods....

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you feel more of a difference driving the car from the pulley? or from the ported runners and spacer?
I can't compare them separate.

I can just say that the Pulley made a huge increase in all gears, now with the the p2r ported runners and there spacers. My car is really lunching harder than before.. I have much more wheel hop but love it.

Thanks Jorge! Those are some sick numbers, especially in torque!!! Gotta post up pics of that blue spacer too!!! :)
Yeah i will be posting picture this weekend.

3rd gear was the beast gear on my 5AT TLS. I'm sure its the same now for Jorge, 40wtq is re dunk cue less from basically two mods.
Third gear is really nice now..

Very impressive
:thmsup:

·
Retired IT Dude
1,318 Posts
Thanks so much for the efforts Jorge. Get yourself a J-Pipe, and Sprint Booster and you'll crap your pants... trust me.

You don't even have to go the route of stripping cats either. I'm NOT going to EVER remove the primary cats, and have reservations of removing the 3rd one as well. The ATLP J-Pipe does wonders all on it's own, without deleting any converters. I love mine.

I've got both P2R phenolic heat barrier spacer/gaskets yet to install myself (TB & Manifold-Runners.) With what you've shown us, I'm going to invest in the ported & polished runners as well. Very impressive.

One question: Did you install OEM gaskets on either side of the P2R manifold runner thermal barrier gasket? Or is it good to go on it's own without them? Just curious...

Thanks again & have some fun!
Jim

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks so much for the efforts Jorge. Get yourself a J-Pipe, and Sprint Booster and you'll crap your pants... trust me.

You don't even have to go the route of stripping cats either. I'm NOT going to EVER remove the primary cats, and have reservations of removing the 3rd one as well. The ATLP J-Pipe does wonders all on it's own, without deleting any converters. I love mine.

I've got both P2R phenolic heat barrier spacer/gaskets yet to install myself (TB & Manifold-Runners.) With what you've show us, I'm going to invested in the ported & polished runners as well. Very impressive.

One question: Did you install OEM gaskets on either side of the P2R manifold runner thermal barrier gasket? Or is it good to go on it's own without them? Just curious...

Thanks again & have some fun!
Jim
Hey Jim,

Yeah i am going to talk to mark about the Sprint Booster... But i think i will be getting my J-pipe soon.. Just need to get my Wheels for my Show in Orlando,FL. So after that i will jump on the j-pipe and the booster.

Yeah the Phenolic Heat barriers are very nice.. You wont regret investing in the P2R Ported runners. As you can see very nice Numbers.. :)..

If your referring to the OEM gasket's that the runner's lay on yes i had to use the OEM gasket, there is no Thermal barrier gasket for that.. There is a Barrier Gasket for the Runner/to intake manifold which that i used the P2R
CLICK HERE FOR DIRECT LINK TO PRODUCT

I wouldn't install the new runner's without the Thermal intake manifold gasket.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Very cool, sorry for the noob question, but can this be done in the sedan, and how much did all this cost?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Hey Jim,

Yeah i am going to talk to mark about the Sprint Booster... But i think i will be getting my J-pipe soon.. Just need to get my Wheels for my Show in Orlando,FL. So after that i will jump on the j-pipe and the booster.

Yeah the Phenolic Heat barriers are very nice.. You wont regret investing in the P2R Ported runners. As you can see very nice Numbers.. :)..

If your referring to the OEM gasket's that the runner's lay on yes i had to use the OEM gasket, there is no Thermal barrier gasket for that.. There is a Barrier Gasket for the Runner/to intake manifold which that i used the P2R
CLICK HERE FOR DIRECT LINK TO PRODUCT

I wouldn't install the new runner's without the Thermal intake manifold gasket.
Those are really good numbers ,especially across the whole powerband . I wasn't expecting that good results just from those parts .
You think you could post pic of stock runners so we can compare ,just curious as how much they can be opened up without going bigger than head and plenum .

On UD pulley, you only have the crank one right ? .

1 - 20 of 171 Posts