Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys... i have successfully installed stock navi in my 07 non stock LXV6 accord.....
i bought 03 brand new navi with codes on ebay and installed that...
total project cost me $1700...

It took me long time to install it becuase i had to rewire my whole heating system harness because i have LX and i dont have dual climate control...
everything works except the "auto button becuase LX doesnt have the outside, cabin and sunlight sensor....

its very easy to install stock navi in EX model because it already has dual climate control....

My car looks soo much better now... and accord makes awesome navigation system...

i didnt not install the voice commad system because i didnt have the parts.

i Made a harness for 03 to 07 accord and it up for sale in FOR Sale fourms...
if you interested... please look at it.. i have upload pics too...
its $350+3% paypal +shipping..

open dasboard:

more dashboard:

RE-Wired heating harness

Navi harness

audio and Aux harness

Ipod hook-up

Installed Navi

Finally everything closed upp

My car

·
Registered
239 Posts
:jawdrop:

oh shit. thats my next project.. thanks for making me spend 1700 more dollars..

I'm buying the parts as soon as i find them!

·
Registered
239 Posts
was it really easy! how did you take out the whole dash board.. I mean i removed it partially for installing my parrot, it was easy but i couldnt figure out how to remove the head unit.

·
Registered
239 Posts
And how does it no trip information, that means you had to wire something to the main computer of the car, right? otherwise where does it get the gas info..

·
Banned
4,269 Posts
$1700. - Damn.

The option new was 2 grand!

Remember, you don't have voice controls with this setup, and I'm sure a few others don't work either. It's cool that its in there, but I think it'd be better to just trade in for a car with it. - One with full functionality.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$1700. - Damn.

The option new was 2 grand!

Remember, you don't have voice controls with this setup, and I'm sure a few others don't work either. It's cool that its in there, but I think it'd be better to just trade in for a car with it. - One with full functionality.

well i want to the dealership before i thought about installing it... they said that i have to get EX-L V6 to get navi and it like $27G.... my car is LXV6.. so i didnt have that much money

also i didnt wire the voice commad system because i heard it not that good...plus i dont need it.... its not like i cant do it... it very easy to do but i just didnt want to do... so $50 we can have the voice commad too...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And how does it no trip information, that means you had to wire something to the main computer of the car, right? otherwise where does it get the gas info..

Yea dashboard is little pain.... taking the vents out is the worst part... after that is like 3 screws...

yea there are 3 wires connected to the computer.... veryyy easy to get...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
very nice man. Takes some guts to do this, with the rewiring of the dash and all.

i hope you dont mind, but i took the liberty of quoting your post above over at gen7accord.net, since so many ppl there always ask about non-navi to navi swap

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
wow, interesting. so the temperature control still works?

for voice activation you just need to add the steering controls with proper wiring and the mic in the map light console.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
very nice man. Takes some guts to do this, with the rewiring of the dash and all.

i hope you dont mind, but i took the liberty of quoting your post above over at gen7accord.net, since so many ppl there always ask about non-navi to navi swap

hey man thanks alot... i dont mind thay you post this on other sites... but can you give me a link of the post on gen7accord.net

thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wow, interesting. so the temperature control still works?

for voice activation you just need to add the steering controls with proper wiring and the mic in the map light console.

Yea temperature control works perfeclty fine. you have to rewire the whole heating system.. because LX has one 22 pin harness but navi has two harnes... one is 22 pin and one is 16 pin

thankss

·
Registered
2006 Accord EX-L
1,163 Posts
I applaud you, sir, for tackling this project. But at $1.7k, I'm very happy with my $120 tomtom.

·
out of control
1,611 Posts
I might think about getting one. Just to make sure:

-Everything still works right? u don't lose anything like cruise control or anything?

-So i'm getting just a harness, how much would it cost to get everything else I need bc I'm clueless and how much would the dealer charge to install all of it?

·
Banned
4,269 Posts
I'm willing to bet no dealer would install it.

Or they might for some outrageous fee and no warranty. Think about it, dealer labor is about 100 an hour...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
heyyy.. i called the dealership they said thatt.. its not possible to install that... and refuse to help or do anything in installing the navi....

i bought
7" touch screen
dvd unit for trunk
sub lcd display
upper panel
antenna
codes for navi and stereo

all from ebay expect the upper panel and sub lcd display.. i bought that from dealership

everything works man... cruise control... steering control.. rear deforger..cold/hot button... and everything else... except the "auto" button because i dont have few sensors..

1 - 20 of 182 Posts