Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Povy > Dreaminaccord
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished installing the TSX intake manifold and throttle body, plus a P2R throttle body thermal gasket (thanks to throwdown). Will be ordering the IM thermal gaskets soon. Instead of pictures I just made a video of the finished product.

Check it out.

http://youtu.be/Gg3BbFlfrMY

·
port & polish everything
1,558 Posts
check the seating on the intake/TB rubber coupler, it should sit against the notch.

anyways nice setup, try to change the header at some point, the stock one is pretty dumpy.

·
Povy > Dreaminaccord
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
check the seating on the intake/TB rubber coupler, it should sit against the notch.

anyways nice setup, try to change the header at some point, the stock one is pretty dumpy.
I noticed that too after I watched the video lol I'll go back and check it. It's pretty tight on there but just in case right? Nice eye.

Thanks for the suggestion! I am planning on changing out the header soon.

I see you have the DC ceramic. Do you recommend the DC?

·
port & polish everything
1,558 Posts
the car is long gone, but yes I did have it. Yes it was a nice part, the inlets for the exhaust ports were really smooth and the external welds were nicely done.

The stock header had welds at the same spot and it was double walled and actually more narrow. It's more quiet that way but not good for performance.

·
Povy > Dreaminaccord
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah that's too bad. Did you have any problems with the flex pipe? I've read all the horror stories about them busting open after about two weeks.

The new header will most likely be my next "performance" mod. Thanks for the info!

·
port & polish everything
1,558 Posts

photobucket is not really cooperating, there is a small picture

i didn't have any problems with the flex pipe and it was on the car for a couple years.

I suspect all those complaints were from people that were lowered and then scraping the car on speed bumps or whatever. The exhaust assembly on these cars are low and the first thing to scrape. Obviously it will pull apart if that happened.

·
Povy > Dreaminaccord
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

photobucket is not really cooperating, there is a small picture
WOW that is very smooth. :thmsup:

com'mon christmas! lol

That makes sense with the scraping and flex pipe issues. I'm not lowered but plan on it. Unless the 18's I'm putting on fill in the gap in the front a little.

·
Second gear slammer!
310 Posts
my flex pipe have broken twice, in three years, i just keep on welding in new ones and painting the welds, stainless is the way to go.

·
Povy > Dreaminaccord
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With a small dremel. There are tons of threads on this but I just followed one of the guidelines for the v6. But I have an i4.

·
Povy > Dreaminaccord
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol the dremel or the DIY thread?

·
Ceeeeej
21 Posts
No CEL with installing TSX IM and TB? Also did you have to do Idle relearn for TB?

·
Registered
38 Posts
As anyone tried the 8th gen plastic intake manifolds on our cars? I imagine the plastic would not retain heat the way the aluminum one does.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I didn't notice any gains from this mod..:(

at first I thought I did, but after a while it was all the same

The real benefit that it is not plastic.

·
Ceeeeej
21 Posts
I will be installing soon and have seen numerous people say it has a decent gain compared to header and exhaust. I have 2 IM gaskets going on. 1 for IM to inj base & 1 for inj to block. Will post after install. Btw 05 accord k24 with 04 tsx IM

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
396 Posts
I guess if you had to port match/ gasket match the intake manifold to the head there might be some gain, but since its N/A Vs. force injection its different.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts