Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im new to the forum and i was looking to get a 9th gen 2013 honda accord EX-L with nav.

I was interested to install a aftermarket speakers and amp to the factory headunit, but from what i read you need to disable the ANC, which i believe you cant do (with out cutting the microphone wire) in a model with navigation? Would it be possible to add an amp?

If i was able to add an amp would disabling the ANC / microphone effect the functionality of the electronics such as navigation or bluetooth (im assuming hands free though)?

Thanks for the help! :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just installed an Infinity Basslink sub last week in my Sport and disconnected my ANC. I went the side panel route as described here, but I think in a navi Accord you have to remove the center panel (I may be wrong on this). Whole ANC thread is here, starting where it gets useful. I never cut factory wires unless absolutely necessary. No affect on Bluetooth/hands-free/Siri.

And welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hey guys, im new to the forum and i was looking to get a 9th gen 2013 honda accord EX-L with nav.

I was interested to install a aftermarket speakers and amp to the factory headunit, but from what i read you need to disable the ANC, which i believe you cant do (with out cutting the microphone wire) in a model with navigation? Would it be possible to add an amp?

If i was able to add an amp would disabling the ANC / microphone effect the functionality of the electronics such as navigation or bluetooth (im assuming hands free though)?

Thanks for the help! :D
Lots of threads on this. Do you have the trim that already has an amp and sub? If so, you have to install things differently than if you have a trim with the factory HU driving everything. You can unplug the ANC module. It is directly behind the center console, and can be accessed from underneath. There is a youtube video floating around that shows you how to do it. I would recommend searching this forum for how-to's on speaker replacement and amp wiring, if you intend on doing it yourself. Research is your best friend on this topic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just installed an Infinity Basslink sub last week in my Sport and disconnected my ANC. I went the side panel route as described here, but I think in a navi Accord you have to remove the center panel (I may be wrong on this). Whole ANC thread is here, starting where it gets useful. I never cut factory wires unless absolutely necessary. No affect on Bluetooth/hands-free/Siri.

And welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the reply! ill definitely have a look at those links :) But good to hear that it does not have any effects on the hands free and such (and probably not the navigation). Like you i dont want to have to cut any wires if i can avoid it :thmsup:

Lots of threads on this. Do you have the trim that already has an amp and sub? If so, you have to install things differently than if you have a trim with the factory HU driving everything. You can unplug the ANC module. It is directly behind the center console, and can be accessed from underneath. There is a youtube video floating around that shows you how to do it. I would recommend searching this forum for how-to's on speaker replacement and amp wiring, if you intend on doing it yourself. Research is your best friend on this topic.
Thanks, Sorry, probably should have done more research before posting. :( The trim that i was looking at i believe has a 360 watt amp with the seven speakers + sub. From a few threads ive read that the sound was not that good with the stock speakers, so i was thinking that i would replace them down the line.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Thanks for the reply! ill definitely have a look at those links :) But good to hear that it does not have any effects on the hands free and such (and probably not the navigation). Like you i dont want to have to cut any wires if i can avoid it :thmsup:

Thanks, Sorry, probably should have done more research before posting. :( The trim that i was looking at i believe has a 360 watt amp with the seven speakers + sub. From a few threads ive read that the sound was not that good with the stock speakers, so i was thinking that i would replace them down the line.
If that's the case, you could do a lot with upgrading the speakers and a processor. Make the factory work better you.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I have the EX-L Navi and the ANC can be easily disconnected via the passenger side panel method. Key ingredient is to have a flashlight and a flathead screwdriver to depress the connector. The ANC unit looks like a 3.5" hard drive container from below. You can't miss it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts